Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout out to Benchmade customer service

Vending Machine Operator

Shout out to Benchmade customer service

So, it had been about two years since I sent my trust mini-Grip in for Lifesharp, so I sent it in two weeks ago. It was in bad shape, so dull you could poke yourself pretty hard without drawing blood, and the belt clip was bent up and scratched from a party about a year ago where I had a few too many and tried to open a beer with the clip.

I noted on the Lifesharp request that I apologized for the dismal shape of the knife and told the beer story, and asked them to bill me for anything that exceeded the parameters of the limited lifetime warranty.

Got the knife back about 10 days later, only the second time I've ever used the Lifesharp service, and it's so well maintained it literally looks new again. All the screws are new, new clip, they oiled and tuned it so well it opens like a silky whisper, and it's sharp as a tack.

They also included a cute little message about tossing in a little something to help me in the future.

It was a little Benchmade bottle opener.

I really like Benchmade's service.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I'm glad to hear this because I'm sending my Mini Grip in the next couple weeks.

Just got a Griptillian back last week. The knife is as-new and fantastic.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

That's awesome. Benchmade is a great company to work with IME.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I love my Benchmade Rukus, but when I emailed them about some clip screws I never heard back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    So, it had been about two years since I sent my trust mini-Grip in for Lifesharp, so I sent it in two weeks ago. It was in bad shape, so dull you could poke yourself pretty hard without drawing blood, and the belt clip was bent up and scratched from a party about a year ago where I had a few too many and tried to open a beer with the clip.

I noted on the Lifesharp request that I apologized for the dismal shape of the knife and told the beer story, and asked them to bill me for anything that exceeded the parameters of the limited lifetime warranty.

Got the knife back about 10 days later, only the second time I've ever used the Lifesharp service, and it's so well maintained it literally looks new again. All the screws are new, new clip, they oiled and tuned it so well it opens like a silky whisper, and it's sharp as a tack.

They also included a cute little message about tossing in a little something to help me in the future.

It was a little Benchmade bottle opener.

I really like Benchmade's service.
    Awesome.

I'm a huge fan of benchmade...might even go back to carrying one...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Vending Machine Operator

Don't think I ever posted proof so here ya go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I've got to send my CQC7 in. Good reminder.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Shout out to Benchmade customer service

Geez, I gotta tell my Benchmade Lifesharp story...

So, some of you may remember that the Karma thing around here kinda got helped out by LSP552 sending me (out of the blue) his Mini-Grip. Now, I disregarded it at the time, but he mentioned something about it being kinda sharp, and maybe nicking him...

So anyway, fast forward to a few months ago, and after carrying it for a while, thought I would send it off for the Benchmade Lifesharp service. Damn if it did not come back a few days later with a shaving sharp blade, very very nice.

I was convinced that they'd put the clip back on for right-handed folks, so, being me, I didn't think too much about it and absentmindedly swapped the clip "over" to the "correct" side (for me, being a lefty.)

Ok, you can see what's coming...

I am getting out of the truck at Lowe's, and realize I need to beep the locks. So I fish down into my cargo shorts for the keys, and get this feeling like I was shocked with electricity.

DAMMIT! I pull my dripping forefinger out of my pants, and run quickly to get my first aid kit. With one hand, I wrapped a 2 x 2 around my finger and got things calmed down, then strapped up some tape to it. Turns out if you clip to your pants and the clip is on the wrong side, it can auto-deploy on you. Whoops.

Took about 4 weeks to heal over and I have a nice scar for it.

I did swap the clip back over the "correct" side.

Last edited by RJ; 02-02-2017 at 05:53 PM.

User Tag List