Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gold Beretta: How?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Three issues:

1.) Not gold.

2.) 9x21.

3.) Why didn't he present it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That is proof right there that it's a great idea. Personally, I'd ditch the engraving idea. Not enough real estate on a 92 for pure Original Gangsta Cuno Helfricht style, which is the only engraving one should consider. But I digress. I thought you were the shit when you posted the pic of your trunk filled with cases of primers, but a gold Beretta...you're the man now, dog!

Engraving is a "go"! I've got a design picked out and er'thing.

Thank you sir for your words of encouragement!!

I must admit the one in post #30 looks good, and those blocky Sinaloa Special engravings with gemstones have a certain estilo.

I await your creation, Dr. Pepperoni!
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 02-10-2017 at 05:06 PM. Reason: added link to post #30
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Any word on this, Les? Tell me you didn't go into rehab and rethink the whole project.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Les,

I've been wanting to build one of these myself for a long time.

I can tell you that TiN can be applied to aluminum as I've seen it done, but I don't know how the strength would be post application. Bears further investigation.

When I worked service, we worked with Baron Technologies (http://baronengraving.com/) for gold plating, and I believe that they did at least one 92 in gold plate.

Keep me posted, I have a spare 92 frame and slide that need the Pistolero treatement.

Sorry...

I've been so busy I haven't known if I've been coming or going...

1.) Finally have a new 92G that I can send out to WC for some trigger work, mag well opening, etc.

2.) After that comes back, it goes to the engraver (Texas) for some American Scroll work.

3.) Then it gets gold TIN coating...

4.) Rojocorsa buys me a steak.

User Tag List