Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gold Beretta: How?

Probably going to go with pearl grips too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Except Welfare Open.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Can a gold compensator be added? Most importantly, what kind of holster does a gold Beretta go into? Can you spray paint your BOSS silver?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Can a gold compensator be added? Most importantly, what kind of holster does a gold Beretta go into? Can you spray paint your BOSS silver?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, no compensators are allowed in welfare open, which also keeps the Roland Glocks out of the running as well. Les and Ben are tight, he could probably get Ben to give him an un-anodized version of the Boss that he could get the bling treatment on as well.

Not sure on holster, that's a good question. I think the traditional method is to not use a holster, but I don't know that Blade-tech or Kydex would be good enough for a gold Beretta. Maybe he could get a good leather holster maker to make him a custom leather holster that attaches to the gold or silver BOSS. Make the holster out of crocodile or something like that.

Now that Jody is back, perhaps he can help with your quest. His borderland experience is certainly relevant here.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I'd have Armiger make a Coogie sweater holster.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

So...

An update:
    CLUB Custom Guns, which does Ion Bond coatings says it isn't an issue to apply to AL frame... (Steel is no issue)
    To get a shiny finish, you need to polish that base metal.

Neat...

Trying to think 'bout a few things...

It has been a while since checking in here...

I'm seriously thinking about the engraving angle and have started talking to Mike Fennel the VP at Firearm Engravers Guild.

Basically, the metal needs to get prepped, polished to 1200 grit finish, engraved (tasteful border American scroll), then sent to Ion bond with a bunch of other small parts...

Right now, gotta send this bad boy off to WC for some trigger work/trigger bar fitting. After that, I'll begin stripping the slide and sending the gun off...

Need to resurrect my old - G-convereted 92 Compact to practice with in the meantime...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'm not kidding, tho. I'm dead serious. I want a gold beretta. Whitney and I were up all night smoking crack and it seems like it is a better idea now than yesterday!
    Well that's your prerogative bro

If I shot Berettas, it would be my prerogative too

I just watched the video, now you should too

I mean seriously, how can a free-will loving person not be moved by this sentiment?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Brown
    I don't need permission
    Make my own decisions (Oh!)
    That's my prerogative
    It's my prerogative
    (It's my prerogative)
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Well that's your prerogative bro

If I shot Berettas, it would be my prerogative too

I just watched the video, now you should too

I mean seriously, how can a free-will loving person not be moved by this sentiment?
    His new cartel Jefe might get jealous of the OPs golden gat.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"Basically, the metal needs to get prepped, polished to 1200 grit finish, engraved (tasteful border American scroll), then sent to Ion bond with a bunch of other small parts... "

You want "tasteful" engraving only to turn it around and have it Ion bonded gold?

Dare to reject modern "tastefulness" standards. Go full rococo! You know, nymphs cavorting and that type of thing. Make it a pistol that Louis XIV would have been proud to own!

Besides, if you do that, everyone you know will figure out that you command a squad of sicarios and will treat you with utter respect and you'll be able to turn people's knees to jelly when you tell them that you are going to make them an offer they can't refuse.

It could be the ultimate status gun.

User Tag List