Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Glock M series revolver

Site Supporter
    Folks, the man is out of control - long may he reign!

Congratulations on owning that magnificent revolver! Is that the one that sold recently on GunBroker?

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    Congratulations on owning that magnificent revolver! Is that the one that sold recently on GunBroker?
    I got it off the Smith forum and the guy there has had it for seven years.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Added cachet that Bowen has quit working on Smiths. There will be no more of these.

(golf clap)

Mazel Tov!

What grips might you use?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    (golf clap)

Mazel Tov!

What grips might you use?
    I was going to put the Keith Brown's away and use some really nice Stags that are sized better for me, but they did not quite fit right. Even though this is a post war gun, I think it uses the Pre War frame size that is a little different. At this point....I ll just use it with the Browns. I have an older Pachmayer grip adaptor that I may use if I really need to, but would prefer to leave it the way it is.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Added cachet that Bowen has quit working on Smiths. There will be no more of these.
    ???

I heard this as well, and I am pretty sure I know why. That was another reason this was a drop th hammer now purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    clickbait to the max
    Nobody in their right mind actually believed the thread title was for real, and we were all expecting it to be some sort of one of a kind classic revolver, and I, for one, was not disappointed.
    Last edited by olstyn; 08-19-2016 at 12:58 AM.

I had not heard that. I do wonder what drove that. I am guessing the inability to get parts.

All of that aside, that 38/44 HD .45 Colt is VERY cool. The fixed-sight N-frame S&W should have built after the introduction of the Thunder Ranch M25 models. I also have a soft spot for the slightly more modern three-inch M625 as that gun is a just a big M65LS. I used to collect the three-inch stainless N-frames that Lew Horton ordered and marketed in the 1990s. Somewhere I have the M610, M625, M629, and M657 from that series of runs as well as the three-inch, seven-shot Quadra-Port M681.

User Tag List