Thread: 870 mag extension

870 mag extension

What is the absolute best mag extionsion for the 870. Factory, Vang Comp, something else?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    What is the absolute best mag extionsion for the 870. Factory, Vang Comp, something else?
    Mine is setup with the Wilson/Scattergun Tech. extension. It's a bit heavier than others but built like the proverbial brick shithouse.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

I've been hapy with Remington factory and Choate. Strongly suspect the Wilson may be better. I would recommend getting an extension that uses a barrel clamp for more support.

Last one I got for a 20 ga 1100 was Choate.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/289...und-parkerized

I am running an original Scattergun Technologies (pre-WC) extension on my 870. No issues.
    C Class shooter.

I have run the Wilson Combat version for many years. It has been durable and reliable. I don't think you could go wrong with Vang Comp either.

Had a Vang extension when I had a VangComp built 870. Much like anything else in the gun parts industry......when it comes down to quality manufacturer's "Best" is very subjective..... I didn't have any problems with it. But as you can see from other posters......the WC/ST extensions don't have many problems either.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List