Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex molle gear?

Site Supporter

Kydex molle gear?

I'm looking for a very slim, molle-compatible, open top single handcuff case to mount on a vest above a duty holster without impeding the draw. Does such a thing exist? I'd like it to be made of kydex for reduced profile. My current nylon case is a little too thick.

For various reasons, I won't be changing the holster, I can't move the handcuffs to another position on the vest, and I'd rather not mount them to my belt.

Thanks for any advice.

Not Kydex, but the Blue Force Gear belt mounted cuff case (Hypalon and stretch material) is the lowest profile case I have found and is available in multiple colors (black, coyote, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    Not Kydex, but the Blue Force Gear belt mounted cuff case (Hypalon and stretch material) is the lowest profile case I have found and is available in multiple colors (black, coyote, etc...).
    Re bfg nylon cuff pouch - wore it for a while on a rig and a tacvest.

It's good and slick. But a pain to reholster the cuff and sometimes difficult to deploy. I went back to a standard nylon pouch.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. voodoo_man, how did you affix the BFG case to the tac vest? A quick search suggests that it is only available with belt loops; otherwise, it looks like a great solution.
    Last edited by Le Français; 08-17-2016 at 11:12 AM.

You can use the BFG Velcro tabs on the back to secure to one loop of molle or get some 1" Velcro one wrap and cut to longer lengths to secure to multiple loops. I've never had a problem deploying cuffs from the BFG pouch, but I use hinged cuffs exclusively and that may aid in deployment. Re-holstering into any BFG pouch is a bit of a pain.

Site Supporter
    Copy, thanks.

Site Supporter
    Safariland makes an open top slim safari laminate cuff pouch, the model 090. It has a single strap in the back secured with pull the dot snaps. The strap is thin enough to thread through molle loops.

https://www.safariland.com/handcuff/...ase-10955.html

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  43.5 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 08-17-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Thanks. voodoo_man, how did you affix the BFG case to the tac vest? A quick search suggests that it is only available with belt loops; otherwise, it looks like a great solution.
    I used blackhawk speed clips. They work well.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I used blackhawk speed clips. They work well.
    That BFG pouch seems to have a horizontal loop that the smaller belt loops are passed through. Am I correct in concluding that you removed the two smaller belt loops and used the larger loop to weave the pouch into the molle with the speed clips? How long were your speed clips for this application? Thanks a lot for your time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Safariland makes an open top slim safari laminate cuff pouch, the model 090. It has a single strap in the back secured with pull the dot snaps. The strap is thin enough to thread through molle loops.

https://www.safariland.com/handcuff/...ase-10955.html

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  43.5 KB
    Interesting; thanks! My concern there would be floppiness from only having one strap. Have you encountered that issue?

User Tag List