Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1911 AIWB Leather?

Forever, since I learned it from Milt Sparks leather, I have been using the ziploc bag method of forming tight leather holsters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Forever, since I learned it from Milt Sparks leather, I have been using the ziploc bag method of forming tight leather holsters.
    I had never heard of using a bag/baggie and had to google it to find out what they were talking about. Still learning something new every day around here.

In addition to the bag trick I also use KG9 Leather-Kote on the inside of any smooth-out holster or mag-carrier. It does a great job of ‘slicking-up’ the inside of a holster.
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Thanks Jason. It's backordered, so I stuck in my Brownells wish list.

i have done a similar trick with my wife's panty hose or a thin dress sock. just pull said item tight on pistol and insert into holster. I do get in trouble cause I usually end up destroying them in the process. Oh well my holster fit is more important.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 09-17-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I am also curious about this.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    I sent Desbiens an e-mail about two weeks ago asking about the #4 with an eye towards ordering one. I've yet to get a response. I'll give them another e-mail Monday, but thus far it's not encouraging.

Their redesign looks SME-ish which, along with JRC's new holster, interests me. The CDA-II is working very well for me, but I'd like to try another style for comparison's sake and/or to feed my new fascination with custom leather.

I put in an order for a Desbiens #4 R/C on July 23rd. In the additional information section I wrote "Low ride holster please. If possible, I'd also like that "wing strut" pictured here: link"

That same day, he (Rhome @ DGL) e-mailed me saying that "The "wing " you're referring to is now a little different....it's Better! I think you're going to like the new design better than the pic you sent.".

On Sept 11 I sent an e-mail asking to change my order from an R/C to the regular straight drop. No response. I just assume he's busy working.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I put in an order for a Desbiens #4 R/C on July 23rd. In the additional information section I wrote "Low ride holster please. If possible, I'd also like that "wing strut" pictured here: link"

That same day, he (Rhome @ DGL) e-mailed me saying that "The "wing " you're referring to is now a little different....it's Better! I think you're going to like the new design better than the pic you sent.".

On Sept 11 I sent an e-mail asking to change my order from an R/C to the regular straight drop. No response. I just assume he's busy working.

I'll be waiting for pics to see if the new wing is a blatant copy of the SME.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Thanks Jason. It's backordered, so I stuck in my Brownells wish list.
    The bag will usually do the trick.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I'll be waiting for pics to see if the new wing is a blatant copy of the SME.
    Pretty much look's like a copy to me.

User Tag List