Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock striker tension question

I agree about the internals. Outside of the ny1 trigger spring and the minus connector mine are as they came from Glock. That's not why I was asking. I saw it mentioned in the AIWB thread and it got me thinking about it. Which lead me to google which was a rabbit hole. Just trying to learn something.

Then you'd have an even shorter Glock trigger pull. It'd be a Glock with zero takeup. Definitely less insurance against ND and dropping, etc.

More relevantly, that takeup portion that you'd be removing would defeat the existence of the drop safety ledge. The drop safety ledge ensures (absent failure) that the cruciform cannot lower until the takeup portion of the pull is (mostly?) through. A completely preloaded striker, in the Glock anatomy, is impossible to reconcile with a functioning drop safety ledge, I think. So, you'd entire sacrifice the foundation of the Glock safe-action system. Note, this is exactly the tradeoff some aftermarket triggers make.

ETA: A fine detail, but, given the Glock anatomy, it's not possible to 100% preload the striker, as the way the connector functions is such that the striker isn't 100% cocked until the moment it is released.
    Last edited by GRV; 08-17-2016 at 06:00 PM.

I seem to remember at one point some controversy over this issue. I went home and installed a armorer plate in my unloaded G19 and then used the armorer tool to reach in and push the trigger bar down. It released the striker. I think I am remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I seem to remember at one point some controversy over this issue. I went home and installed a armorer plate in my unloaded G19 and then used the armorer tool to reach in and push the trigger bar down. It released the striker. I think I am remembering correctly.
    Here we go I too seem to remember some controversy....

If you're remembering correctly, and that Glock was cocked with nothing pressing on the trigger, then the drop safety was not functioning and that Glock is "not safe" by OEM standards. Generally, that's behavior you'd only see with an aftermarket trigger mod.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Here we go I too seem to remember some controversy....

If you're remembering correctly, and that Glock was cocked with nothing pressing on the trigger, then the drop safety was not functioning and that Glock is "not safe" by OEM standards. Generally, that's behavior you'd only see with an aftermarket trigger mod.
    Hmmm....ok. I'll have to revisit that tonight.

User Tag List