Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P225 – The original model

Sig Sauer P225 – The original model

Stopped by the local shop today and noticed this P225 in the case. Tag said new and I thought it was the newly released model. I took a second, closer look and noticed the W. Germany markings. I asked how many magazines it came with and the owner went to the back and got the original box with an extra magazine and the papers. He said a local guy brought it in last week and was liquidating some new old stock guns.

I’m a fan of DA/SA pistols so I never had a chance once I saw it was priced over 50% less than the new P239 SAS in the case beside it.

This is the first Sig I’ve ever owned and I don’t know very much about them. I’ve been on the fence about a P229 Legacy in 9mm for a while so this one will have to do. This single stack is not very small by today’s standards. Still, the quality fit and finish is superb and once I pulled the smooth trigger, I had to take it.

Any tips on these older models. I took it apart and gave it an inspection. I remember hearing years ago about the “Tyson Corner” Sigs having some issues. I hope that’s not the case.

Attachment 9867

Attachment 9868

Attachment 9869

Attachment 9870

Attachment 9871

Attachment 9872

Attachment 9873

Attachment 9874

I mean who doesn’t love a red velvet lined green cardboard box full of West German steel?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I know zilch about the guns at large, but yours is beautiful. Like it came out of a time capsule. Enjoy it!

Vending Machine Operator
    I have a P6 in condition nearly as good - but not quite as good - as your 225. That really does look in stellar repair.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Use grease on the rails. Modern Sigs ship with Lucas IIRC, and before that TW25B. Some will say it's not necessary, but it keeps the rails looking like new longer, in my opinion. I'm assuming you bought it to shoot, although an unfired NIB likely has some collector value.

The only real negative I can think of is quality magazines can be a bit tough to source. Pro-mag is usually all that's in stock, and reviews for their reliability seem...spotty. I've no first hand knowledge, but when I was kicking around getting a P6 and "modernizing" it a bit, that was one trend that kept popping up.

Congrats, it's a very nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Stopped by the local shop today and noticed this P225 in the case. Tag said new and I thought it was the newly released model. I took a second, closer look and noticed the W. Germany markings. I asked how many magazines it came with and the owner went to the back and got the original box with an extra magazine and the papers. He said a local guy brought it in last week and was liquidating some new old stock guns.

I’m a fan of DA/SA pistols so I never had a chance once I saw it was priced over 50% less than the new P239 SAS in the case beside it.

This is the first Sig I’ve ever owned and I don’t know very much about them. I’ve been on the fence about a P229 Legacy in 9mm for a while so this one will have to do. This single stack is not very small by today’s standards. Still, the quality fit and finish is superb and once I pulled the smooth trigger, I had to take it.

Any tips on these older models. I took it apart and gave it an inspection. I remember hearing years ago about the “Tyson Corner” Sigs having some issues. I hope that’s not the case.

I mean who doesn’t love a red velvet lined green cardboard box full of West German steel?
    You suck.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Yea, the Tysons Corner guns will dissolve in your hands. I can send you some polymer gun in trade to keep anything bad from happening. No......seriously, I have a ho,e for that old thing.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

If you decide you don't like it, please let us know.

But let me know first, I have cash money.

They are terrible and no good, but I'll be a sport and let you get your money back out of it.

(The P225 is my favorite classic SIG, and feels to my hand precisely like a pistol should feel. I have a much more worn version of that gun in my IWB holster right now, albeit the P6 police version.)

Nice catch. I'd have jumped on that in a hot second too.

Great find, enjoy it. I love the old original P225, one of the best feeling grips ever.

Magazines are their weak point and finding quality replacements are difficult now days.

Still hate that I sold mine several years ago, big mistake.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

P-F sees a classic Sig or revolver...

User Tag List