Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold VX-6 30mm 1-6x ?

I have one with the CM-R2 reticule. I use it for multi-gun, pig shooting and coyote shooting.

I love it. I traded away my Trijicon TR25 because I like it so much. And the weight difference; I really felt that the TR25 changed the balance of the gun. The Looopold & ADM Scout mount are noticeable, but don't change the balance.

It does feel a bit 'cheaper' than compared to the Trijicons I've had. The glass is of comparable quality IMO, but the Trijicon felt more robust, especially in regards to the turret covers.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    This is what I will probably put on the Scar17s. Keeping the whole package light is a big plus.
    My need for the scope is for a Primary Weapons System 216 so like you, I'm wanting to keep the weight down too. In fact this is the big seller for this scope for me. It will be a while before I can buy one, so hopefully by then they will have better reticle options out there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I have one with the CM-R2 reticule. I use it for multi-gun, pig shooting and coyote shooting.

I love it. I traded away my Trijicon TR25 because I like it so much. And the weight difference; I really felt that the TR25 changed the balance of the gun. The Looopold & ADM Scout mount are noticeable, but don't change the balance.

It does feel a bit 'cheaper' than compared to the Trijicons I've had. The glass is of comparable quality IMO, but the Trijicon felt more robust, especially in regards to the turret covers.
    I have one with the duplex fire dot. I'm considering swapping the reticle to the CM-R2. Leupold says $170 to swap the reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have one with the duplex fire dot. I'm considering swapping the reticle to the CM-R2. Leupold says $170 to swap the reticle.
    I guess it really depends on what you want to do with it. The dot in a circle is great and fast up close and I've used the BDC accurately out to 450 yards using IMI 77gr Mk262.

I also have an astigmatism, so I don't use the illumination at all.

Actually I was looking at this one, different reticle

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/66...stem-cds-matte

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Is this the one?

I recently got this one:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/55...-reticle-matte

I thought the CM-R2 looked pretty good for 3-gun, but I wanted a GP scope with less clutter in the center of the reticle.

This from Leupold design guy (reticle design is for .223, kind of vague about bullet weight and velocity, but aimed towards 3-gun):

The reticle is set up for a 200 yard zero. The hold overs are 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, and the top of the thick post on the bottom is 600. (On 6X)

The left and right edges of 300, 400 and 500 are 5 MPH wind holds

The 350 and 450 tic marks are one mil wide.

200 yd Zero 1x 3x 6x
    300 yd MOA 16.43 5.48 2.74
    350 yd MOA 25.60 8.53 4.27
    400 yd MOA 35.27 11.91 5.95
    450 yd MOA 46.23 15.41 7.70
    500 yd MOA 58.07 19.36 9.68
    600 yd MOA 83.48 27.83 13.91

This is what the reticle looks like on 6X at 250 yds:

Name:  greendot.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  86.6 KB
    Last edited by SteveB; 08-19-2016 at 10:06 AM.

User Tag List