Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I completely focused on the brass ejection and nothing went straight back if the fifty or so rounds.
    I noticed that too. In all of the Gen 5 videos I've watched today the *only* thing I watched was the brass ejection. To the point that I rewound each video several times to switch focus to a different shooter/gun to watch how that one ejected. Saw zero BTF and saw pretty consistent ejection.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I noticed that too. In all of the Gen 5 videos I've watched today the *only* thing I watched was the brass ejection. To the point that I rewound each video several times to switch focus to a different shooter/gun to watch how that one ejected. Saw zero BTF and saw pretty consistent ejection.

If the Gen 5 17 and 19 have improved ejection, along with the other improvements, these could be the best pistols Glock has made. Would be nice for them to have a good intro, after the Gen 4 issues, and timing couldn't be better with Sig all screwed up with the 320. I can both see why they don't list improved ejection as a feature, but understand how improved ejection would be a definite design objective for the 5.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

FWIW At 2100 in the video the brass appears to strike the right forearm and drop between his arm. The next brass is a little weak also. This is the issue I'm most interested in. Wonder how these particular weapons were picked and prepared for this test? Trust but Verify.
    Last edited by Pit; 08-25-2017 at 09:41 PM.

I have two blue label Glock 19 Gen5s shipping Monday to me. Waiting to see for sure my dealer was able to get the Ameriglo equipped ones like I asked for.
    One of the videos released today stated the trigger guard was undercut compared to previous models. I'll check on that when mine come in.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Do they actually test fire and zero them any more? https://pistol-training.com/articles...rs-perspective

Regardless, unless they are intentionally zeroing them about 1-2" left per 10 yards, it's still a QC issue.

They were at Deutsch Wagram as of two months ago when I was there , can't see that changing. PensFan has confirmed they are at Smyrna as well and I'm confident they haven't changed in Bratislava as well.

Machine rest zero isn't always going to be every user zero. Hence why many competition shooters zero from standing not a bench
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    They were at Deutsch Wagram as of two months ago when I was there , can't see that changing. PensFan has confirmed they are at Smyrna as well and I'm confident they haven't changed in Bratislava as well.

Machine rest zero isn't always going to be every user zero. Hence why many competition shooters zero from standing not a bench
    I'm relatively sure they test fire for function, but as far as zeroing...I seriously doubt it. If they were, they would have caught the issues with our second batch that was sent back for QC failures.

Anyone want to confirm this is legit as the factory test?

Because that doesn't look like it includes much in the way of zeroing.

Anyway, I get it from the last time I put out QC failures publicly. Just figure we're limp wristing the sights and when they fall out we're installing them backward if you need to believe in Glock Perfection. However, for the rest of you, as someone who's actually seen and used the guns, it's a legit QC issue as it's much too consistent to just be some cross eyed guy who's zeroing them wrong. The ones that have been off center have all been off center in the same direction.

Test target is shot and the sights are adjusted to zero the group. Not sure what else to say. There are , as I'm sure you are aware , numerous possible reasons over "they dont shoot them " for your POI and the test POI to vary.

Your experience doesn't instantly nullify every other statement. I don't know what exactly your issue was. You haven't given an explanation and I understand that 100%. I'm simply stating that pistols are test fired and zeroed for the ammo used in the machine rest used at The factory in Austria. It's not fanboy. It's not accusing you of anything. It's what they do.

A ps kinda though. If your guns are Austrian build and have different sights (I'm postulating not stating fact) maybe those were added after the test fire process ?

Site Supporter
    As posted in the other Gen 5 thread, mine doesn't seem to have a trigger guard undercut. I can't comment much on the eject other than I didn't get hit in the face.

User Tag List