Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    More Money
    Thanks for that. Been needing to laugh all day.

Last edited by LSP972; 08-13-2016 at 07:11 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ... much like they won't let Glock USA do a single stack .45.

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g36

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Rumor mill says at least some folks at USA Glock were pushing for a full sized option, something that would be useful in magazine limited states and would give a striker fired option to 1911/P220 markets...but mother ship said no.

Something else from my "seasoned" perspective to have had a front row seat since 85 watching this legacy develop, I can still remember vividly when there wasnt a chief in the nation that would touch the glock with a 20 foot pole, so much irony.
    Miami PD really gets the lions share of the credit for turning the tide, and then the .40SW cartridge is what really cemented glock as the benchmark police pistol of the century, nothing prior to glock ever came close to this kind of market dominance.
    After 23 years of mandatory Gaston nut cupping I'm a P320 guy now, but I'll sit back and wait for the shitstorm to die down enough to grab one, I cant even imagine the demand from the commercial market, it's going to be staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Something else from my "seasoned" perspective to have had a front row seat since 85 watching this legacy develop, I can still remember vividly when there wasnt a chief in the nation that would touch the glock with a 20 foot pole, so much irony.
    Miami PD really gets the lions share of the credit for turning the tide, and then the .40SW cartridge is what really cemented glock as the benchmark police pistol of the century, nothing prior to glock ever came close to this kind of market dominance.
    After 23 years of mandatory Gaston nut cupping I'm a P320 guy now, but I'll sit back and wait for the shitstorm to die down enough to grab one, I cant even imagine the demand from the commercial market, it's going to be staggering.
    Yeah, I will definitely be holding off until things become a little more, uh, reasonable...

At this time, I'd like us all to have a moment of silence...for the Glock 21SF with Picatinny Rail and ambi mag catch, which is no longer with us.

My better judgement tells me to wait two years prior to buying any new Glock. I sometimes take a risk and buy that newly introduced Glock a bit earlier. Some Glock fixes which might not have been recalls:
    -new Glock connector(s) for the G42/43.
    -a different RSA for certain Gen4 models as the .40 version was later deemed not ideal for 9mm versions.
    -the 30274 ejector for Gen4 9mm Glocks, which on a case-by-case basis, may also cure "Brass to Face" in Gen3 models.
    -a relief cut in some Gen4 models for the front of the RSA.
    -a little nubbin added at the rear of the frame for beavertail Gen4 backstraps.
    -the demise of the ambi mag catch and the cutouts in the front side of magazines for that catch.
    -various mag changes for various models, and let's add in several mag follower changes as time goes on.
    -lack of reliability for G19 10-round mags, perhaps on a case by case basis.
    -lack of reliability on a case by case basis with Gen3 guns with weapon lights mounted.
    -various changes to some trigger bars.

There must be other things I can't think of as I sit here typing. When there are changes, it's usually a good thing to improve reliability, but it indicates, perhaps, a lack of thorough testing. Maybe this is just the way things have to be in a competitive, fast-paced, world of business and marketing.

I'm hoping the FBI (and taxpayers) and whatever other agencies buying this new FBI-contract-Glock don't get burned with a new design. Now that I think about it, any agency should issue the new guns, but let the employees keep their present guns. As I recall from computer/IT systems, it's "running in parallel" aka "parallel running". It's not a good thing when you're about to go to work on a Friday night and find your gun is broken. The range staff has gone home for the weekend (maybe a 3-day weekend) and may need to be called in just to issue another gun to one employee. The alternative could mean that employee "rides the desk" for the next few days without a working firearm to use. I'm just thinking out loud here.
    Last edited by L-2; 08-13-2016 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, I will definitely be holding off until things become a little more, uh, reasonable...
    What is reasonable for you, $200 over MSRP?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is reasonable for you, $200 over MSRP?
    I was thinking some non life sustaining piece of my firstborn. They only need one kidney, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    At this time, I'd like us all to have a moment of silence...for the Glock 21SF with Picatinny Rail and ambi mag catch, which is no longer with us.
    I almost bought one of those. Sometimes I wake up in the dead of night, drenched in sweat and nearly in tears, convinced that I actually went through with it.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 08-13-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Sounds like someone is trying to create a VP9 of sorts.

No bad thing, mind you.

If I were running product development I would have, too.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    -the demise of the ambi mag catch and the cutouts in the front side of magazines for that catch.
    That was done to chase a .mil contract that never materialized. When the contract went away, so did the more-complex mags/mag releases.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List