Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Sights are adjusted at the factory when they machine rest them to zero. So they may be slightly off center or even a different height to standard for that model.
    Do they actually test fire and zero them any more? https://pistol-training.com/articles...rs-perspective

By the time I left each job, both companies had stopped test-firing pistols destined for the commercial (non-law enforcement, non-military) markets … and in some cases, they stopped testing the LE guns, as well. Why? Test-firing costs a lot of money.
    Regardless, unless they are intentionally zeroing them about 1-2" left per 10 yards, it's still a QC issue.

It has been reported the G17M RSA was longer than a Gen 4's but as the Gen 4 and Gen 5 RSAs were briefly displayed in the vid, I didn't notice a difference.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

PensFan
    EVERY gun is test fired.

The M/Gen5 RSA is different than the Gen4

Site Supporter
    "....One of the best things about these guns is they won't go off when you drop them......" Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    EVERY gun is test fired.

The M/Gen5 RSA is different than the Gen4
    Thanks and more details in this article. My take is I just didn't perceive a difference in my two watchings of the vid.

http://www.recoilweb.com/inside-the-...-5-129141.html
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

re test-firing. Somewhere I saw the video of the Glock test firing mechanism the guns are placed in for testing firing on a mass production scale.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-25-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Site Supporter
    In the second article am I reading it correctly that the Gen4 and Gen5 G19 recoil springs are the same?

The Whys Have It
    It’s actually much easier to list what is compatible with Gen 4 Glocks than what isn’t:
    -Magazine Release
    -Magazines
    -Recoil Spring (G19 only)
    -Striker spring and sleeve
    -Channel Liner
    -Spring cups

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/inside-the-...#ixzz4qmC6Kr59

That's a lot of new parts. I genuinely hope Glock does well with this, but I think I'll sit this one out for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    In the second article am I reading it correctly that the Gen4 and Gen5 G19 recoil springs are the same?
    The G19's are interchangeable but they are different. The G17's are not interchangeable.
    Last edited by PensFan; 08-25-2017 at 10:07 AM.

User Tag List