Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    I will pick one up as soon as (or if) they are available for blue label order mainly because I was already planning on buying another 17 and this saves me the money from sending it to Cold Bore to get the humps removed
    I can't imagine how hard it's gonna be to get a blue label one. I hope it's not like the mos currently is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

The screenshot was from a P&S post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSPr...2446102468555/

On the rifling:
    they said it is like a modified polygonal rifling. Similar to what Miami requested in their guns years ago, but not quite the same. Allegedly slightly more accurate.
    On why no pictures:
    We were supposed to have them in-hand July 31. Glock has not shipped. Current date is supposedly 08-15. We had the classroom part of the switch today.
    On people who want to buy it:
    Ref Gen 5. Likely to be released January(ish). Will NOT have all the features of the 17M
    On possibly why the Gen5 won't have all the features of the 17M:
    I *believe* it is the variant they built specifically to win the gov contract. In meeting those requirements, they may have added features they did not necessarily agree with at a corporate level (eg the flared magwell). For the contract, they will include what the client(s) want. For their general production, they'll stick to what Glock wants.
    On the extended lip for the mags:
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. By extended lip, I meant on the base plate. It's minute - maybe 2mm. I can't imagine old mags won't work in the 17M. It's purely there to help strip a mag, in conjunction with the magwell cutout, which sits on the front of the grip.
    On the beveled magwell:
    They did say Glock Austria fought the idea of a flared magwell tooth and nail.
    On the RSA notch:
    One more clarification. I'm no longer a Glock Armorer (since 2001, so lots of changes since then), nor am I a gunsmith. My technical terminology blows. When I said "reinforced front RSA notch," I'm talking about the circular cut out the RSA sits in, on the slide. They've beefed that area up.
    On the finish:
    Also, ref the tougher finish, it is pretty close to the original Tenifer. Our guys tried to scratch it with keys and cases. It made marks, but they wiped right off.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 08-13-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    On the rifling:
    Hrmm......so probably better at gripping lead and coated bullets then. Interesting.

Any word on holster compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I can't imagine how hard it's gonna be to get a blue label one. I hope it's not like the mos currently is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Call or visit your local Blue Label dealer and have them start a list. It will be nuts once the gun is released as everyone will want one. The blue label Glock 43's are still hard to come by in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I did mention early on during all of the hype that, at the end of the day, it's just another Glock...
    The best Glock is the one that runs, ejects well and has your sight and trigger preference dropped in. JMO.

Ref Gen 5. Likely to be released January(ish). Will NOT have all the features of the 17M
    I *believe* it is the variant they built specifically to win the gov contract. In meeting those requirements, they may have added features they did not necessarily agree with at a corporate level (eg the flared magwell). For the contract, they will include what the client(s) want. For their general production, they'll stick to what Glock wants.

Oof... So now there's going to be significant, public "secret squirrel" versions vs. the one you can buy in the store? Eek. I don't like where that's going.

Any idea if they'll sell the M through blue label, or will it only be available on contract?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Here come the "Because Gaston hates you" memes.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 08-13-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Here come the "Because Gaston hates you" memes.
    Sort of true. Apparently the mothership isn't impressed with "creature comfort" upgrades, much like they won't let Glock USA do a single stack .45. So I hear. From baseless speculation.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Ref. the square FPS being similar to the 42/43.

I've had three people who attended Armorer's Courses in the past year independently tell me that the guy giving the class mentioned that the variety of internal parts in the various production Glocks was making the company itch and that the future of Glock would be moving everything toward a new small part standard based around the 42/43 architecture. It's water cooler gossip, but I did find it interesting to see the mention of the square FPS suddenly pop up.
    Last edited by Tamara; 08-13-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List