Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    The 1911 Agent said, so far, he's allowed to use it until further notice or until it breaks/becomes unserviceable.
    So basically later that week he got a Glock too
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Can we make this incident live forever, please?

scoff
    skôf,skäf/

noun
    A malfunction of a semiautomatic handgun in which the slide separates from the frame and is projected forward by the recoil spring.

verb
    A firearm exhibiting a "scoff"-type malfunction.
    "The RSO called a cease-fire to retrieve my slide after my G17M scoffed at the range."

P220s can play when their takedown levers break.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Of course the internets is still working on status quo, you keep contributing to it. With lovely gems such as:

And come on man, you aren't telling me you're not still ready to buy, even though the new "M"s are leaving their slides in the holster on the draw, are you?

The only thing funnier in this thread is trying to figure out what your point is, man. I just don't get it.

Wait, no I think I do get it. You're the worst kind of gun hipster there is, the one who doesn't realize he is a hipster. It's not enough that you were into Glocks before they were cool, or before they began rivaling Hi-Point for QC issues. No, you gotta let everyone know that you not only think they are the hipster snowflakes, because they don't like Glocks, but you have to let everyone know you think they are hipster snowflakes, because they jumped on the bandwagon.

rob_s - the only guy on the internet who has absolutely no, none, no brand loyalty to anything. But will still totally tell you about how your "Insert Make Here" is a snowflake gun of epic proportions, even if it's the same "insert snowflake gun here" that he carries and uses. Because if there is one thing rob_s is, is an anti-hipster hipster. http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ster%20hipster
    Wow, angry much? And I thought I had a subscription...

I really don't give a shit if you think I'm a hipster or not. But I damn sure like throwing the term around myself given how butt-hurt so many of the snowflakes get when it's directed at them.

What you're missing is the point, which is that most of what's happening in this thread is circle-jerking by people that already have a slant and are reading into what's posted to support their slant. Lots of insecurity in the gun world with what gun one chooses vs. another.

How many people in this thread have ACTUALLY held one of these guns? Or seen the slide left in the holster? Or knows what causes it? Or how many it happened to? Or has read any actual direct documentation from the agency in question or the manufacturer in questions?

Yet here we are with all of the snowflake guys jumping up and down to declare this as indicative that Glock is just this horrible gun and they knew it all along as a way to justify their snowflake. If they were so secure in their snowflake, they wouldn't feel so put out every time their snowflake was insulted, nor would they come running to the Glock thread to crow about how whatever issue never happened with their snowflake.

I'm well aware of my biases. I like Glocks. If they would sell me one of these I'd still go buy it tomorrow. But that's kind of the point, that they won't. So it's irreverent what I want.

if the slide-removal-in-holster issue is accurate and as-describe then I of course think that's a horrible thing. But, then, I don't quite yet get how that can happen surprisingly *only* after the gun is issued and people walk around with it. What, they don't walk around with holstered guns at the range? Does anyone doubt that this will get fixed or otherwise resolved?

i do agree with some of the naysayers, which is that it's a shame that any manufacturer these days seems incapable of just making "better". I think most of the requested changes to the "M" guns are good ones, none of which should have resulted in slides coming loose, which only happened because Glock had to go make OTHER changes while they were at it.

But Glock isn't alone in this kind of mistake either. pick any gun or manufacturer, and at some point along it's history they've screwed it up for no good reason.
    Last edited by rob_s; 08-23-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Some days I get confused and think I'm on ARFCOM here. That's not a good thing.
    Last edited by Peally; 08-23-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I hate to break it to you but the FBI's 1911s including the personally owned agency approved ones are going away. In fact, all the .45's including the POW P220's and Glock 21's are going away as well.

The issued guns for FBI SWAT have already been replaced with Gen 4 Glock 9mm's.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    A few months ago, while I was working a mutual detail, one had an FDE Glock, the other the Springfield 1911 Professional. The Glock Agent had less seniority than the 1911 Agent. The 1911 Agent said, so far, he's allowed to use it until further notice or until it breaks/becomes unserviceable.
    Exactly. This has been discussed previously. And for anyone (Tango, I'm looking at you. Lol!) who believes the 1911's they were using were reliable and ran without issues - trust me when I tell you that is far from true. They can't wait to be out of the 1911 gunsmithing business.

Before the RFP was created... Before the G17M/19M existed... FBI HRT and SWAT made the move to 9mm Glocks. HRT has FDE 17's and SWAT has OD Green (maybe "Battlefield" green technically). Their guns the have the dot connector. They experimented with ZEV triggers and magwells, but as I understand it those experiments resulted in a return to Glock OEM triggers. No idea what if any magwells they are running. The guns I've most recently seen in person did not have magwells of any kind. They are also running 17rd mags with the factory +2 on them.

The RFP did include language for HRT/SWAT guns in their respective colors, so it's likely the Gen 4 G17's will get replaced with 17M's at some point.

As for seeing agents with 1911's... There could be some SWAT types holding onto program guns but most likely it's a personally owned pistol. The Sigs (regardless of caliber) that are agent owned may no longer be carried starting Oct 1, 2017. The personal 1911's and G21's are grandfathered (no new ones have been added for a while now). Word was when the new contract was awarded they would set a deadline for those guns to be removed from carry.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wow, angry much? And I thought I had a subscription...

I really don't give a shit if you think I'm a hipster or not. But I damn sure like throwing the term around myself given how butt-hurt so many of the snowflakes get when it's directed at them.

What you're missing is the point, which is that most of what's happening in this thread is circle-jerking by people that already have a slant and are reading into what's posted to support their slant. Lots of insecurity in the gun world with what gun one chooses vs. another.

How many people in this thread have ACTUALLY held one of these guns? Or seen the slide left in the holster? Or knows what causes it? Or how many it happened to? Or has read any actual direct documentation from the agency in question or the manufacturer in questions?

Yet here we are with all of the snowflake guys jumping up and down to declare this as indicative that Glock is just this horrible gun and they knew it all along as a way to justify their snowflake. If they were so secure in their snowflake, they wouldn't feel so put out every time their snowflake was insulted, nor would they come running to the Glock thread to crow about how whatever issue never happened with their snowflake.

I'm well aware of my biases. I like Glocks. If they would sell me one of these I'd still go buy it tomorrow. But that's kind of the point, that they won't. So it's irreverent what I want.

if the slide-removal-in-holster issue is accurate and as-describe then I of course think that's a horrible thing. But, then, I don't quite yet get how that can happen surprisingly *only* after the gun is issued and people walk around with it. What, they don't walk around with holstered guns at the range? Does anyone doubt that this will get fixed or otherwise resolved?

i do agree with some of the naysayers, which is that it's a shame that any manufacturer these days seems incapable of just making "better". I think most of the requested changes to the "M" guns are good ones, none of which should have resulted in slides coming loose, which only happened because Glock had to go make OTHER changes while they were at it.

But Glock isn't alone in this kind of mistake either. pick any gun or manufacturer, and at some point along it's history they've screwed it up for no good reason.
    You mean people have preferences and seek validation based on those preferences? Who knew? You must be a goddamn genius.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

rob_s and El Cid, Don't sugar coat it, tell it like it is. I know of what you speak and you are right. Factually and in my opinion too. Thanks for your posts.

Vending Machine Operator
    This thread has become a tipped-over Port-A-Potty. It was useful once but now everyone is covered in unspeakable blue liquid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    ^^^This right here.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    This thread has become a tipped-over Port-A-Potty. It was useful once but now everyone is covered in unspeakable blue liquid.
    Port-A-Potties are why I stopped shooting nice 1911s in matches and classes. If I drop a $2k+ blaster in the shitter, I gotta glove up, but a Glock or M&P? I ain't getting my hands blue for a $399 plastic gun. I'm gonna go pop a fresh one out of the range bag and the honey wagon driver has himself a new blaster if he wants it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List