Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Oh, you want an ACCURATE PM&P with safety. That is a steed of different hue.
    No its not - it just hasn't been available in a 9mm full size version. 40s, 45s & compact 9s have been consistently acceptable on the accuracy front.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...compact 9s have been consistently acceptable on the accuracy front.
    Except when they haven't been...and I recall below story because I was standing next to the shooter for those two days of Aim Fast Hit Fast.

It's Not Me, It's My Gun!

A couple years back, a very eager and serious student came to one of my classes with her new M&P9 Compact. For two days we worked to figure out why she was shooting so high. We worked on her grip, her trigger manipulation, I even went through the most basic drills to make sure she understood proper sight alignment. It wasn’t until the end of class that I actually took the gun and shot it myself. Results? It was shooting more than a foot high at 25yd. Both the student and I were both so ready to believe she was the problem that we never considered the gun as the real culprit. Obviously, I gave her a refund on the class and I’m lucky she was too nice to flood the internet with complaints about the time and ammo she wasted for a weekend trying to fix a problem that didn’t exist.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Anyone know how many model M pistols were afflicted, was this the only problem now, and whether the pistols were disassembled by Indy staff? It would be very embarrassing if Glock or Indy disassembled pistols, and got the slide lock back in the frame incorrectly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I understand why Glock wants to get its small parts supply chain under control, but whenever they fix something that isn't broken in order to maximize parts commonality across the lineup, this sort of thing seems to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone know how many model M pistols were afflicted, was this the only problem now, and whether the pistols were disassembled by Indy staff? It would be very embarrassing if Glock or Indy disassembled pistols, and got the slide lock back in the frame incorrectly.
    I was thinking that same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I understand why Glock wants to get its small parts supply chain under control, but whenever they fix something that isn't broken in order to maximize parts commonality across the lineup, this sort of thing seems to happen.
    Until we know how many pistols were affected, what the problem was, whether the problem was a design issue by Glock, assembly issue by Glock, a problem induced by a well meaning armorer, or something else, it might be a tad premature to write the AAR?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

The answer can't simply be a design flaw. There has to be some other reason for the failures. Perhaps if we just speculate enough...

Here's the latest - IMPD apparently issued a statement? I'm amused that photos have to leak on the sly but posts about the recall...

TFB: Glock Recall Update

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Until we know how many pistols were affected, what the problem was, whether the problem was a design issue by Glock, assembly issue by Glock, a problem induced by a well meaning armorer, or something else, it might be a tad premature to write the AAR?
    If the gun can be assembled with a part being installed in more than one way, and not all of those ways result in proper function, it is a design problem, pure and simple. Key the part so that it only goes into the assembly in one way; otherwise, people will put it in the wrong way. That is poka-yoke 101.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Here's the latest - IMPD apparently issued a statement? I'm amused that photos have to leak on the sly but posts about the recall...

TFB: Glock Recall Update
    Let's just hope they sent the M pistols back by UPS overnight, am delivery, and not ground, keeping us in suspense all week!

User Tag List