Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    while fellating their hk/sig/fn/cz/whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Isn't there somewhere else your homoerotic gun fiction would be better suited for?
    BBI, the movie is called Color of Night, though it is heteroerotic rather than homoerotic. A character starts out the movie by fellating a revolver, which I find quite disturbing and off-putting by the way, then kills herself by jumping out of a high-rise window instead of with the gun, which kind of makes me feel like her fellating the gun is at least somewhat gratuitous. Anyway, her psychiatrist, portrayed by Bruce Willis, then loses his ability to see the color red, due to oh the horror of the sight of his patient's blood. Then blah blah blah there is various sex, murder, and a lot of unintentional hilarity. It has a truly all-star cast, with some of my most favorite actors: Bruce Willis, Jane March, Scott Bakula, Lance Henricksen, Kevin J. O'Connor, Reuben Blades, AND Brad Dourif. I probably forgot someone but you get the idea. It is a very amusing 2am-on-Cinemax flick from the mid-nineties. Go to the video store and rent it today. I guess if worst comes to worst I can mail you my DVD of it but it is probably available to you locally and that would be faster.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    BBI, the movie is called Color of Night, though it is heteroerotic rather than homoerotic. A character starts out the movie by fellating a revolver, which I find quite disturbing and off-putting by the way, then kills herself by jumping out of a high-rise window instead of with the gun, which kind of makes me feel like her fellating the gun is at least somewhat gratuitous. Anyway, her psychiatrist, portrayed by Bruce Willis, then loses his ability to see the color red, due to oh the horror of the sight of his patient's blood. Then blah blah blah there is various sex, murder, and a lot of unintentional hilarity. It has a truly all-star cast, with some of my most favorite actors: Bruce Willis, Jane March, Scott Bakula, Lance Henricksen, Kevin J. O'Connor, Reuben Blades, AND Brad Dourif. I probably forgot someone but you get the idea. It is a very amusing 2am-on-Cinemax flick from the mid-nineties. Go to the video store and rent it today. I guess if worst comes to worst I can mail you my DVD of it but it is probably available to you locally and that would be faster.
    What is a video store?

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post
    What is a video store?
    It is a place where Mr_White first came to value Timmie skills.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yeah, I've definitely never heard of it, nor would I have thought of it before now. Given that there were so few (to my knowledge) issues with the leaf spring, it makes me wonder why they wanted to go with a coil spring. I'm trying to picture how that would even work.
    The G42 and 43 have a coil spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    Lol I'm an idiot then. I'll have to disassemble mine and actually look at it.

Manufacturer testing, whether of aircraft or firearms, has its limitations, as shown here. This is the reason you don't want to fly the first 50 serial numbers of a fixed wing, or 100 serial numbers of a helicopter. You want every bubba before you to figure out what the manufacturer missed in their design and testing. Unfortunately, the bubbas in this case are LE, some of them PF members.

Might have been smarter to equip an early class at Quantico with the M, and let them live with it for some months, since apparently the only real danger they face, if the show is realistic, is a STD from a fellow recruit.

Lol I'm an idiot then. I'll have to disassemble mine and actually look at it.
    C'mon, please use the same level of attention working on your Perfection as you do with the HK stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    Ruh-roh.

What is a video store?
    A place where revolver shooters go to look for westerns and pre-automag Dirty Harry flicks to rent.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    There was significant T&E, but it was range work. I don't think anyone considered testing to make sure it could ride in a duty holster and not field strip itself. That's just so unexpected of an issue to have.
    I do a good amount of Alpha and Beta testing for one company in my field in particular: after all the issues are ironed out in theory, they send me stuff and I just use it in my day-to-day work. The company has gone so far as to state in print that my feedback--as just a normal guy--has been invaluable, because it's simply impossible to replicate real world issues without giving the real world a shot at it.

That is beta-testing 101 stuff, right there. I like Glocks: the basic design is pure genius, and they deserve their market share. But their due diligence on new stuff is shit. Sorry to hear that these things actually made it into holsters; glad to hear that you ripped that shit right back out and put a fix in the works before anything serious happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    C'mon, please use the same level of attention working on your Perfection as you do with the HK stuff!
    Haha, I know right!? I'm good on all of the legacy Glocks, just haven't detail stripped the 43 yet, as I've never carried it and don't particularly enjoy shooting it. Now that I know I'm deficient, I'll probably detail strip it this weekend to see how everything works, then see if I can reassemble correctly, particularly the trigger spring. If/when I do get a holster for it, I'm sure as hell going to dry fire test how it works out of the holster and hope I don't launch the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just detail stripped it and I see the problem...Once I figured out how to remove the trigger pin, which took longer than I would like...On the 43 at least, it is extremely easy to remove the slide lock, once you know how to do it, when the slide is off. With the slide on and the striker engaged/cocked, it was pretty difficult to move at all, but with the trigger pulled it was definitely easier. Given how the slide lock is secured in the gun, I can see how the right set of circumstances and pressures being applied can cause it to fail. I thought that the coil spring would have the little loop connection like the trigger springs on the gen 1-4 guns, not just apply upward pressure.

That being said, I'm not an engineer and not very mechanically inclined, so Glock probably has a good reason for the design.

Regarding the trigger bar incorrect reinstallation, are people just not inserting the forward part of the cruciform into that little notch thing that the trigger spring is connected to?

User Tag List