Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Had a chance to play with a G17M for a little bit today. Had to barrow it from a guy who just got his. Initial impressions... Its a glock. Didn't really notice a difference with the trigger. Forgot to check the rifling... Overall meh. Maybe things will change when I shoot one.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Best glock ever made, is a glock they never made, the 17k.

'Muricans + Dremel = Perfection.

I really like this. Perfect combination of mag baseplate and frame.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    A G22 based on the M frame would not need a LB pin. It has nothing to do with the Ambi safety.
    Can you please expound on this? The addition of the third pin was to provide strength and stability to the locking block's position in the frame. What has changed in the locking block design in the "17M" to eliminate the need for the extra pin?
    Last edited by farscott; 08-19-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'd still buy one if I could get one.
    I'd pretty much buy an "M" in 17, 19, and 34 tomorrow if I could. Probably two 19s. At least.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Can you please expound on this? The addition of the third pin was to provide strength and stability to the locking block's position in the frame. What has changed in the locking block design in the "17M" to eliminate the need for the extra pin?
    I'm interested as well. Especially considering I knew a LEO who only shoots when he has to qual and his Gen 4 G22 had a cracked locking block after about 3 years.

Hysterical:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...rifle-handgun/

A source who wishes to remain anonymous told us the new pistol line is to be dubbed M2.0. M2.0 is a response to criticisms of the original M&P series pistols, and is designed with a host of features that will allow the M&P series to better compete with stock Glocks. Our source cited changes to the design, including an improved trigger and full-length guide rails, intended to increase overall functionality, reliability, and out-the-box accuracy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hysterical:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...rifle-handgun/

A source who wishes to remain anonymous told us the new pistol line is to be dubbed M2.0. M2.0 is a response to criticisms of the original M&P series pistols, and is designed with a host of features that will allow the M&P series to better compete with stock Glocks. Our source cited changes to the design, including an improved trigger and full-length guide rails, intended to increase overall functionality, reliability, and out-the-box accuracy.
    IOW,
    Features & attributes that the M&P 9 should have had since its inception, no?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The change is in the size of the hole down the barrel. Back to 9mm which had good durability in the original configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    IOW,
    Features & attributes that the M&P 9 should have had since its inception, no?
    Had the same thought. A MP9 with thumb safety would make sense for a lot of people.

S&W offered Plastic M&Ps with thumb safeties from day one. Now SKU 206301 and others.

User Tag List