Page 27 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by 3-7-77 View Post
    This just rolled across my Facebook feed
    Don't worry guys, I have screen capped this photo in case the Glock lawyers make it go away (for Tom Jones).

Studying the picture, I can tell the trigger is far better -- almost as if it is a striker that has received Gray Guns love. It appears to eject/extract to the level breakingtime91 demands. The magwell well chops .10 off Mr_White's appendix reload when paired with his special JM mag pouches. JSGlock34 knows this is a shoo in for the military contract. Tom Jones is relieved the M has been designed for a Gadget, and is sure the Gadget will be shipping by the time the M hits the civilian market. VoodooMan has applied to join the force in Indiana, so he can carry this sooner and hang with the old cops there. The arrival of the M is boosting applications to join the FBI even more significantly than the show Quantico. Apparently Comey even wore an M while he deliberated over whether to prosecute HRC. Bolke is so enthused, he has asked Robar to design a combination stipple/NP3+ package, where they engrave HK on the slide. DocGKR has a pair of them having RMRs mounted. Vickers is considering Glock M only training and Gunsite has a 250 Glock M class on the 17 schedule. Ernest Langdon will be adjusting the FAST coin threshold from 5.0 down to 4.8, considering what an advantage the M is. I could go on, but I don't want to seem to excited, since I am waiting for a M in .40 or .45.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Did Glock get the BTF issues 100% fixed? I say this as I have a g19 bought over a year ago(grey frame) that needed a apex extractor right off the bat. Last week, I rented a gen4 g21, just to try out... glad I rented first.. I loved the pistol,very açcurate, soft shooting, only thing wrong, it threw every peice of brass into my face. I saved some money there,as I was seriously considering buying one.My experience with Glocks is bad... So far out of three Glocks I've owned, or still own, two had ejection issues.... I'm leary of buying any more..
    Last edited by ralph; 08-16-2016 at 09:47 AM.

I'll get a gen5 19 just so I don't have to Dremel off grooves.

Other than that my 17's are set up nicely now (17.4&17.4k) so I'll pass on it.

A gen2 with a rail and gen4 texture has been my ideal Glock for a while and this should fit the bill. Hell if it isn't ambi I'm completely fine.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    1. From day one, the dudes who have actually seen the gun say "It looks like a Gen 4 17 with no finger grooves and an ambi slide stop."
    2. Pictures finally get posted of...a Gen 4 17 with no finger grooves and an ambi slide stop.
    3. People react with surprise and dismay.
    4. I don't understand the internet sometimes.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, can someone in the know answer the burning question on everyone's mind.
    When will the public be seeing (at least a similar version) of this gun?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Studying the picture, I can tell the trigger is far better -- almost as if it is a striker that has received Gray Guns love. It appears to eject/extract to the level breakingtime91 demands. The magwell well chops .10 off Mr_White's appendix reload when paired with his special JM mag pouches. JSGlock34 knows this is a shoo in for the military contract. Tom Jones is relieved the M has been designed for a Gadget, and is sure the Gadget will be shipping by the time the M hits the civilian market. VoodooMan has applied to join the force in Indiana, so he can carry this sooner and hang with the old cops there. The arrival of the M is boosting applications to join the FBI even more significantly than the show Quantico. Apparently Comey even wore an M while he deliberated over whether to prosecute HRC. Bolke is so enthused, he has asked Robar to design a combination stipple/NP3+ package, where they engrave HK on the slide. DocGKR has a pair of them having RMRs mounted. Vickers is considering Glock M only training and Gunsite has a 250 Glock M class on the 17 schedule. Ernest Langdon will be adjusting the FAST coin threshold from 5.0 down to 4.8, considering what an advantage the M is. I could go on, but I don't want to seem to excited, since I am waiting for a M in .40 or .45.
    5/5. Would be trolled again.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ....am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this whole thing?
    No, you're not.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Honestly, the only thing that has really surprised me so far is the tapered slide at the muzzle and the move from three pins down to 2. Apart from that, it's not blowing my mind, it's essentially just another Glock, only evolved, in essentially, the right direction. Wouldn't mind owning a G19 in the exact same trim in the future, but wouldn't line up to overpay for one the day it comes out either.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    1. From day one, the dudes who have actually seen the gun say "It looks like a Gen 4 17 with no finger grooves and an ambi slide stop."
    2. Pictures finally get posted of...a Gen 4 17 with no finger grooves and an ambi slide stop.
    3. People react with surprise and dismay.
    4. I don't understand the internet sometimes.
    I'd be curious as to what was expected, given that a lot of us said...it looks like a Glock.

I really wish I could Paint Shop. I'd throw some hot rod flames on the slide so we could sex it up a bit. Maybe some chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't worry guys, I have screen capped this photo in case the Glock lawyers make it go away (for Tom Jones).

9/10 would read again.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List