Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Take my money.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Now I wonder if the old style magazines are going to be able to be used in this new generation?
    I was told yes, existing mags work. New mags just have a base plate that extends a bit more for easier "ripping out" of stuck mag.

Longer RSA and new rifling are the most "waaaaaaaat?" details to me. This is more interesting than I thought. Surely the MHS gun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I was told yes, existing mags work. New mags just have a base plate that extends a bit more for easier "ripping out" of stuck mag.
    Man, I gotta get me some of them baseplates in FDE soon. I have a course with Mr_White beginning of October and I need all my face shooting gear and outfit squared away by then.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Longer RSA and new rifling are the most "waaaaaaaat?" details to me. This is more interesting than I thought. Surely the MHS gun.
    Same here.

I'm curious how the new pistol will feel in hand, and what if any difference the changed magazine well and lack of finger grooves do to the "pointability" or the comfort of the gun.

-Cory

Supposedly the IMPD will have them in hand on Monday.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 396 View Post
    Supposedly the IMPD will have them in hand on Monday.
    Fingers crossed. The original delivery date was about two weeks ago, but was bumped back to the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The new safety plunger is the one that's got me (yea, and the rifling). There's a bit of a history for fucking around with the recoil spring, but I don't know of any history of messing with the safety plunger. AFAIK it's been the same part basically this whole time, and they are compatible across generations, models calibers, etc.

I've always kinda thought that, from a design perspective, its shape and the implied interface with the striker was....let's say "less than confidence inspiring", but it's very interesting to see that change all of a sudden. That means completely new tooling and compatibility breaking of 2-3 major functioning parts: plunger itself, striker (new interface), maybe plunger spring. That's a whole lot of stuff for something that didn't seem broken....unless it really did have issues and they never made news because of redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    [...]That means completely new tooling and compatibility breaking of 2-3 major functioning parts: plunger itself, striker (new interface), maybe plunger spring.[...]
    Oh and probably the extractor too (and maybe another part or so I haven't thought of), but Glock extractors have been anything but consistent...and I think we we're all hoping for a new one either way
    Last edited by GRV; 08-12-2016 at 05:12 PM.

User Tag List