Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I understand you're speculating, but hopefully everyone can agree that it is WAY too early to assume anything based on spec sheets and rumors. This should be especially obvious given the growing pains from late Gen 3 to Gen 4 models coupled with their still lingering issues. There are a lot of Glocks out there with aftermarket parts created to address said growing pains and issues. We even have a thread stickied for this very reason.
    I agree, I should of said I hope it has improved performance. Having said that we have had no issues with our gen 4's they are 2012 vintage. Our gen 3's however did have issues.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While I don't think it is a feature, as long as I can remember, Glocks have sprinkled brass around, especially with lower power factor range ammo. When I first met YVK, we were at a TLG class. He was shooting a Gen 3 19, and I pointed out to him that it was sprinkling brass all around. He said, yep it has been doing it for 15,000 rounds, during which time he had never had a stoppage.

I don't argue that Glock screwed up their extractors, both Gen 3 and 4, around the time the Gen 4 was introduced. That caused real stoppages, and an intense focus on Glock ejection/extraction followed. The stoppages largely got fixed, but not the erratic ejection/extraction, which probably never will be fixed without a major redesign of the pistol.

Each of the different platforms have their pluses and minuses, and with Glock sprinkling brass is just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So are we talking erratic ejection or the glocks that pelt the shooters with brass consistently like almost 100% of the time.
    My 2007 vintage G19 (one of the so called good years) sends brass back to my head quite often. My 2015 Gen 4 19 has basically never done this. I agree with GJM - it's inherent to the way the gun is designed and happened to get dramatically worse around the introduction of the 4th gens.

I still don't really think it's a big issue. It feeds and functions, was cheap and is an eminently shootable gun. I've never pulled a shot or been injured because of it. YMMV.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Could subcompacts still be imported for civilian sales without finger grooves (I'm thinking GCA68 point calculations)? I wonder if a commercial G19M would have to be entirely produced in the USA, and what the domestic manufacturing capacity is. Such issues could drive limitations on civilian sales.

I'm curious to hear more about the frame, particularly the accommodations for the ambidextrous slide release. Also, any indications towards the rear of the frame that could suggest manual safety preparation (for the MHS competition)?
    The finger grooves (along with the little "thumbrest" divots) arrived with the G26/27, in order to give them import points for "target grips".
    The Glock 17/22 have smooth triggers while the 19/23 have serrated "target" triggers, again for import points.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I can't help but think that maybe we'll get some more useful variations once Gaston leaves the range. Kinda like what happened when Bill Ruger checked out.

Okie John
    Maybe then the prayers of the GT faithful will be answered after these long years by a Glock carbine.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

So, Glock will not make the 17M available for commercial sale and the changes will not be part of a Gen5, or am I reading that wrong?
    It's hard to believe the 17M won't leak into the commercial markets. Really, really hard.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    It's hard to believe the 17M won't leak into the commercial markets. Really, really hard.
    I agree, but that's what the rumor mill from T&E suggests.

In 10 or 20 years the state and local agencies can sell them. Or their retired officers who buy them could sell them. The fed guns will be melted unless we get a new POTUS who rights Clinton's wrong by EO.

This pistol is more under wraps than Hillary's emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    This pistol is more under wraps than Hillary's emails.
    So you're saying the Russians will have it before anyone else, got it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    So you're saying the Russians will have it before anyone else, got it.

User Tag List