Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So we're cool with brass to the face now? If so I won't chalk it up in the issue column.
    Exactly! It's not a bug it's a feature! Makes shooter hard.

Good question for Surf who reported here on fielding 1700 Gen 4 G17 s without issue. Helluva sample size. Must have counted BTF as a feature right?
    Last edited by JHC; 08-15-2016 at 05:08 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Does the new mag release look like this?

http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...20-profile.jpg
    Yup.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yup.
    Those are already available now for Gen 4 pistols - they are the so called "FBI" mag release. I have them on all of my Gen 4s - great part.

It seems to me like bad OPSEC to have a special, FBI only Glock model. Doesn't this ID anybody carrying one as an FBI agent?

I figured if this went into mass production, in a year the issue would fade to irrelevance. I guess that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    It seems to me like bad OPSEC to have a special, FBI only Glock model. Doesn't this ID anybody carrying one as an FBI agent?

I figured if this went into mass production, in a year the issue would fade to irrelevance. I guess that's not going to happen.
    Most people wouldn't even notice the difference. If you can see their gun, I'm sure the FBI badges will also give away who they work for.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Oh, and S/N is specific to our department, as the acronym for our PD is part of the serial number, same as our Gen 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Comparing to my G22:

Front sight looks the same, I know there was some worry it would be dovetail.

There is only one pin behind the disassembly latch thingy on the new one, vs two on the G22.

Slide stop and trigger guard appear unchanged.

Grip is, of course, no finger groove but texture looks the same.

The bottom of the grip is flared out a bit for the mag funnel.

Slide looks the same, including same rear serrations and sights.

Magazine release is either a touch shorter or has a longer smooth area in front of the grooved area, tough to tell which from the photo. The old one has 9 grooves. The new one has 7 grooves.

Ejector appears the same.

It does have ambi slide release.

The "made in Austria..." stamp is low on the right side of the grip, where it says "patent pending" on my G22, not up near the slide.
    Front of slide is rounded off the way 34 and 26 slides are done.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Most people wouldn't even notice the difference. If you can see their gun, I'm sure the FBI badges will also give away who they work for.
    and/or the fact that you are staring down a .356" hole in the muzzle while they are announcing the name of their agency...

So, we have a new Glock, pretty much like the old Glock but with some differences. That's nice to know, but nobody seems to know why it's an M model?

While I don't think it is a feature, as long as I can remember, Glocks have sprinkled brass around, especially with lower power factor range ammo. When I first met YVK, we were at a TLG class. He was shooting a Gen 3 19, and I pointed out to him that it was sprinkling brass all around. He said, yep it has been doing it for 15,000 rounds, during which time he had never had a stoppage.

I don't argue that Glock screwed up their extractors, both Gen 3 and 4, around the time the Gen 4 was introduced. That caused real stoppages, and an intense focus on Glock ejection/extraction followed. The stoppages largely got fixed, but not the erratic ejection/extraction, which probably never will be fixed without a major redesign of the pistol.

Each of the different platforms have their pluses and minuses, and with Glock sprinkling brass is just the way it is.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List