Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    From 2015/2016 manufacture, all Gen 4, I have one G26, 2 G34 MOS, 2 G17 MOS, 3 G19 MOS, 3 G19 (non MOS) and 1 G23 models, and have yet to have had a single stoppage in any of them. They all shoot much more accurately than typical Gen 3 pistols. I hope they don't change any of that except improve the stock trigger.
    Same here but includes our 2010 guns. But this "M" is just a plain old Glock which is apparently all it took to smoke the trials.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Vending Machine Operator
    I'll grab one, if my LEO FFL can come through. I want a 17 to pair with my 19G4 anyway, might as well be the new hotness version.

Generally I don't beta test, but I'd do anything to be the coolest guy on an internet forum of people I'll probably never meet.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-15-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Just a glock he says! It can not be the same thing we have been seeing! Oh shit, it's just a glock... I really do hope they remedy some of the issues that came around from the Gen 4 and get back to what they used to be. the new frame sounds cool
    My comment was sarcasm. I think the difference will be in performance if the rumors of a big upgrade in accuracy but still reliable are true. On the pic you can tell the slide is beveled/tapered similar to a G34.
    Last edited by cpd2110; 08-15-2016 at 04:43 PM.

If and when blue label Goal 17M and 19M's are available, I'll buy one of each. Just because...

I had planned on picking up another Gen4 Glock 19 and a Gen4 Glock 17. But I'll hold off until the M's are available, or to see what the Gen5 involves.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 08-15-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    My comment was sarcasm. I think the difference will be in performance if the rumors of a big upgrade in accuracy but still reliable are true. On the pic you can tell the slide is beveled/tapered similar to a G34.
    so was mine.. sorry guys didn't mean to mess up your feel good party

From 2015/2016 manufacture, all Gen 4, I have one G26, 2 G34 MOS, 2 G17 MOS, 3 G19 MOS, 3 G19 (non MOS) and 1 G23 models, and have yet to have had a single stoppage in any of them. They all shoot much more accurately than typical Gen 3 pistols. I hope they don't change any of that except improve the stock trigger.
    Thats great, couple of my friends (2015 and on) have had issues with BTF. Never said anything about them malfunctioning, just that they had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thats great, couple of my friends (2015 and on) have had issues with BTF. Never said anything about them malfunctioning, just that they had issues.
    They will never eject/extract as robustly as an HK, Beretta or CZ.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Comparing to my G22:

Front sight looks the same, I know there was some worry it would be dovetail.

There is only one pin behind the disassembly latch thingy on the new one, vs two on the G22.

Slide stop and trigger guard appear unchanged.

Grip is, of course, no finger groove but texture looks the same.

The bottom of the grip is flared out a bit for the mag funnel.

Slide looks the same, including same rear serrations and sights.

Magazine release is either a touch shorter or has a longer smooth area in front of the grooved area, tough to tell which from the photo. The old one has 9 grooves. The new one has 7 grooves.

Ejector appears the same.

It does have ambi slide release.

The "made in Austria..." stamp is low on the right side of the grip, where it says "patent pending" on my G22, not up near the slide.

They will never eject/extract as robustly as an HK, Beretta or CZ.
    So we're cool with brass to the face now? If so I won't chalk it up in the issue column.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Comparing to my G22:

Front sight looks the same, I know there was some worry it would be dovetail.

There is only one pin behind the disassembly latch thingy on the new one, vs two on the G22.

Slide stop and trigger guard appear unchanged.

Grip is, of course, no finger groove but texture looks the same.

The bottom of the grip is flared out a bit for the mag funnel.

Slide looks the same, including same rear serrations and sights.

Magazine release is either a touch shorter or has a longer smooth area in front of the grooved area, tough to tell which from the photo. The old one has 9 grooves. The new one has 7 grooves.

Ejector appears the same.

It does have ambi slide release.

The "made in Austria..." stamp is low on the right side of the grip, where it says "patent pending" on my G22, not up near the slide.
    Does the new mag release look like this?

http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...20-profile.jpg

User Tag List