Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Well, I'll eat a little crow, though I'm still waiting a year or two before I will consider buying one. Having taken a closer look at the magazine well, I do think that's a pretty neat feature, and, unless the price on these skyrockets, probably worth the price of admission (besides the deletion of the finger-grooves, which I despise).

So, George, get a dozen and start wringing them out, would you? JHC need not apply, he is my evil twin brother on Glocks - I get the bad ones, he gets the good ones...
    I'm digging the magwell too. But the trigger and new barrel fascinate me most.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm curious about some of the new features, mostly the new rifling, the trigger, and the magwell. I'll grab one eventually and fiddle with it, but I'm in no hurry.

Can someone enlighten me as to why rounding the front of the slide is helpful? I think I'm missing something here.

Thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm curious about some of the new features, mostly the new rifling, the trigger, and the magwell. I'll grab one eventually and fiddle with it, but I'm in no hurry.

Can someone enlighten me as to why rounding the front of the slide is helpful? I think I'm missing something here.

Thanks,

Okie John
    Well it helps break up the 2x4 look some which is fine with me. Call me vain but I prefer my guns to have some style if I can help it. Granted I can't exactly say this 17M is "stylish" but the bull nose helps.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Thanks,

Okie John
    Probably helps facilitate slightly smoother reholstering... it's neither a pro nor a con in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Attachment 9901

Stolen from GlockTalk
    Potential friction point between trigger bar and right-sided slide lock lever. $0.25 trigger job just became $0.29 trigger job. Glocks are getting expensive.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Anybody post this?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ck-17m-leaked/

I like my Gen4 17, what does iteration give me or what would a 19 version give me over my Gen 2 19 except rails? Duh, I guess I'm not professional enough to understand this.
    Does it appear to anyone else that they redesigned the trigger housing unit too? Trigger bar is definitely different as well, very tightly hugs the frame as it moves rearward towards the connector.

Elsewhere it seems like half the internet is complaining that it is just another Glock, and the other half are complaining about the lack of parts compatibility with prior generations...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I don't care about parts compatibility with prior generations, Glock parts are relatively cheap. I do care about parts availability.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Elsewhere it seems like half the internet is complaining that it is just another Glock, and the other half are complaining about the lack of parts compatibility with prior generations...
    Honestly I think Glocks are so boring and straightforward that we are just desperate for something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    What I wanna know is when and where people start dumping their Gen3s and Gen4s, and if front grooves removal industry is committing a suicide or offering steep price reductions. We all need to watch out for this and make a PSA once we see it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List