Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

[QUOTE=serialsolver;485218]Just think of all the inexpensive used service handguns that will be dumped on the market when agencies get this more better perfection.

I would be surprised if most of these "used" pistols were not chambered for 40S&W.

I still like my 3rd Gen Glocks.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

[QUOTE=BehindBlueI's;I know it's fun and all, but if you'll calm yourselves for just a bit before a bunch of rumors and baseless speculation spin up...real info will be available soon.[/QUOTE]

Talking with some of the guys a few days ago, asked what they thought the new Glock. Their response was "Meh, its a Glock." Did not seem very impressed with it.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    Talking with some of the guys a few days ago, asked what they thought the new Glock. Their response was "Meh, its a Glock." Did not seem very impressed with it.
    One of the agencies I work with switched from the Gen3 G22 to the Gen4 G22 after their 22s started choking with the TLR-1 lights.. The vast majority I bugged and asked about the change re: the new RSA, the better grip texture, the fact that it was designed for .40 rather than adapted to it, etc. just shrugged and said that they liked the beavertail grip option. I always forget a lot of police aren't really gun guys.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-13-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Yeah, most officers could not care less. Just something they have to have. The guys I talked with though are definitely "gun guys" though maybe not all out Glock fans.

I am late to the thread.

But.

Pix or lies.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    I did mention early on during all of the hype that, at the end of the day, it's just another Glock. H out at the range found it to be very accurate and liked the new trigger feel, though, and said he'll likely carry it. You know he's never been a big Glock guy at all, so I was a bit surprised.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 08-13-2016 at 09:52 AM.

I will pick one up as soon as (or if) they are available for blue label order mainly because I was already planning on buying another 17 and this saves me the money from sending it to Cold Bore to get the humps removed

Can't help but wonder about MHS requirements driving some of these reported changes. Glock isn't altering nearly 30 years of Glock 17 barrel construction (with associated costs) without reason.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    I will pick one up as soon as (or if) they are available for blue label order mainly because I was already planning on buying another 17 and this saves me the money from sending it to Cold Bore to get the humps removed
    Same here. I was ready to pick up a 17 but will hold off a bit for the blue label 17M.

User Tag List