Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Comparing to my G22:

There is only one pin behind the disassembly latch thingy on the new one, vs two on the G22.
    Far out. G42/43 creep? That also makes sense with the ambi slide lock.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-15-2016 at 05:45 PM.

"M" = Modified

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While I don't think it is a feature, as long as I can remember, Glocks have sprinkled brass around, especially with lower power factor range ammo. When I first met YVK, we were at a TLG class. He was shooting a Gen 3 19, and I pointed out to him that it was sprinkling brass all around. He said, yep it has been doing it for 15,000 rounds, during which time he had never had a stoppage.

I don't argue that Glock screwed up their extractors, both Gen 3 and 4, around the time the Gen 4 was introduced. That caused real stoppages, and an intense focus on Glock ejection/extraction followed. The stoppages largely got fixed, but not the erratic ejection/extraction, which probably never will be fixed without a major redesign of the pistol.

Each of the different platforms have their pluses and minuses, and with Glock sprinkling brass is just the way it is.
    So are we talking erratic ejection or the glocks that pelt the shooters with brass consistently like almost 100% of the time.

I can't help but think that maybe we'll get some more useful variations once Gaston leaves the range. Kinda like what happened when Bill Ruger checked out.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I can't help but think that maybe we'll get some more useful variations once Gaston leaves the range. Kinda like what happened when Bill Ruger checked out.

Okie John
    Harsh...but true.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    My comment was sarcasm. I think the difference will be in performance if the rumors of a big upgrade in accuracy but still reliable are true. On the pic you can tell the slide is beveled/tapered similar to a G34.
    I understand you're speculating, but hopefully everyone can agree that it is WAY too early to assume anything based on spec sheets and rumors. This should be especially obvious given the growing pains from late Gen 3 to Gen 4 models coupled with their still lingering issues. There are a lot of Glocks out there with aftermarket parts created to address said growing pains and issues. We even have a thread stickied for this very reason.

Could subcompacts still be imported for civilian sales without finger grooves (I'm thinking GCA68 point calculations)? I wonder if a commercial G19M would have to be entirely produced in the USA, and what the domestic manufacturing capacity is. Such issues could drive limitations on civilian sales.

I'm curious to hear more about the frame, particularly the accommodations for the ambidextrous slide release. Also, any indications towards the rear of the frame that could suggest manual safety preparation (for the MHS competition)?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-15-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog70 View Post
    "M" = Modified
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Exactly! It's not a bug it's a feature! Makes shooter hard.

Good question for Surf who reported here on fielding 1700 Gen 4 G17 s without issue. Helluva sample size. Must have counted BTF as a feature right?
    And this is my biggest concern with Glock currently. There will be all kinds of people (including people on this board) having issues with new production guns, then all of a sudden somebody fields 1700 problem free models, then back to a batch of problems. I certainly believe Surf, 100%, and his experience validates the concern. So, why the spottiness? The worst are those whose issues don't manifest until reaching a round count that would otherwise indicate a proven, problem free pistol.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Far out. G42/43 creep? That also makes sense with the ambi slide lock.
    That's Glock 17 native all through Gen1 & Gen2. They added the second pin for the .40s but the 17s didn't get 'em until the Gen3 guns. I'm with you in guessing its disappearance is tied to the ambi slide lock.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List