Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a 650, I may have some kind of fettish...

Just ordered a 650, I may have some kind of fettish...

I used money from selling a pistol to buy yet another press...

Already have two 550s (one with case feed), but I got a SL900 and really like the indexing...

ETA: Should I be proud or ashamed that I do not know how to spell fetish?...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 08-12-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Congrats! I've been quite pleased with my 650 since obtaining it a month or two ago. Much nicer machine (in my opinion) than the Lee Loadmaster that I've used in the past (not that the Lee is junk or anything either though).
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

If I'm counting correctly you ordered press #4. That's a good start, not a fetish. Next you need a really good single stage (Forster Co-ax) for small quantities of precision rifle ammo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I used money from selling a pistol to buy yet another press...

Already have two 550s (one with case feed), but I got a SL900 and really like the indexing...

ETA: Should I be proud or ashamed that I do not know how to spell fetish?...
    Sounds to me like you're working your way up to a 1050, (can we say auto-swage?). As for your newly found fetish, you're in pretty good company I think we have more than a few reloading junkies on this forum. Just look at the photos of reloading setups thread. Enjoy your new baby auto-progressive presses are huge in time savings, and just plain more fun to operate. That and its the only progressive I know that I can stomach.

I keep pondering a 650 or 1050 for dedicated pistol and keeping the 550 for all other calibers. Finances get in the way.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If I'm counting correctly you ordered press #4. That's a good start, not a fetish. Next you need a really good single stage (Forster Co-ax) for small quantities of precision rifle ammo.
    Counting the little Lee single stages I use for things like priming, and the MEC9000 that was given to me that I plan to get working someday and the 600JR I kept around cause you know, someday I might want to load some 3" shells, I think the 650 might be number ten.

Still relying on the Rock Chucker Dad bought when I wuz a kid, but all my buddies have the Co-Ax. Hmmmmm.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    No, no, you're totally a wacko. I only have a Rock Chucker, 650, and Lee hand press, not counting the 450 Lubrisizer of course.

But seriously, the real crazies in my mind are the ones with 38 guns and no reloading press. Not even the cheapest Lee single-stage kit stuffed away in its box somewhere for 'just in case,' along with a few thousand primers, couple lbs of powder, and either a casting mold or some bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I keep pondering a 650 or 1050 for dedicated pistol and keeping the 550 for all other calibers. Finances get in the way.
    I have the same thoughts (and the same problem). I keep thinking if I'm going to do it then one of these days I'll just jump in and get the 1050. At least there's nowhere left to go up after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only caliber that I reload is 9x19, and I'm pleased with my 650. I am a bit jealous, though, of a good friend and forum member who has a 1050 set up for 9x19. Now that thing is just sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    The only caliber that I reload is 9x19, and I'm pleased with my 650. I am a bit jealous, though, of a good friend and forum member who has a 1050 set up for 9x19. Now that thing is just sexy.
    Yup, he's offered me use of it and I know I shouldn't try it, it will just cost me.
    #RESIST

User Tag List