Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Podcasts

I commute 1 1/2 hrs a day, so I like to listen to podcasts. I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way for me to download podcasts to my iPhone so I don't have to use data to stream podcasts during the drive?

2. Any recommendations on good podcasts?

Thanks!

I wish I knew the answer to #1.

Dan Carlin'e Hardcore History is pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find Podcast icon in iPhone. Search and subscribe to podcasts via app or iTunes. Once subscribed, hit little 3 dot icon to the right of podcast name and a menu will appear, select Download Episode. See below.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  26.3 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  25.5 KB
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-11-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Yes to number 1, ill double check because I'm not on an iPhone right this second for the steps. You go in to the podcast app, search around until you find what you want to listen to. There should be options to down load the episode and also to subscribe if you want to. There will be options for how many episodes gou want to download and keep on your phone if you subscribe.

There are alot of podcasts out there depending on your interests. I mostly listen to tech related podcasts.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    2. Any recommendations on good podcasts?
    Here are the ones I like:
    • Armed American Radio
    • Ballistic Radio
    • Wasted Ammo
    • Concealed Carry Podcast

Each one brings something different to the RTKBA group.

Jocko podcast, SEAL officer, author of Extreme Ownership, fantastic podcast.
    #RESIST

Currently working my way through some of Mike Seeklander's American Warrior Show podcasts. I just finished his excellent Ernest Langdon interview; prior interviews with Rob Leatham and Craig Douglas were exceptional. You might want to check this thread since we had a similar discussion just a few days ago.

As an aside, I like the Pocket Casts app much better than the version that comes with iOS. Admittedly, the iOS version is free, but I found it would turn itself on and off at odd times.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The American Warrior Show
    Ballistic Radio
    The Art of Manliness
    Practically Tactical
    Practical Pistol Show (USPSA - Ben Stoeger)

I cherry pick from Freakonomics Radio and The Joe Rogan experience. Based off of LL recommendation of the Jocko podcast I am listening to an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience with him as a guest that I am enjoying, so I will soon listen to his podcast.
    Last edited by cheshire_cat; 08-11-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Seconding Hardcore History, Ballistic Radio, and American Warrior Show.

My personal top list in addition to those, in order (somewhat odd mix of subjects)
    Eleven Byzantine Rulers
    Writing Excuses
    History of Rome Podcast
    The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
    The Solid Verbal (College football podcast)

I am also a big fan of librivox. Public domain books read aloud by volunteers, for free. Quality can be mixed, but the good ones are *really* good. The Jungle Book audiobook is wonderful quality. They have a link to bring any of their audiobooks into your podcast app.

Thanks you've given me a good start. Much appreciated.

User Tag List