Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clinch Pick beach carry

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That was more specific to Presque Isle
    It does look like they may have had some issues.

I don't know of any recent data but it seems like I hear about dangerous levels of algae or bacteria in the water at Presque Isle way too often.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I don't know of any recent data but it seems like I hear about dangerous levels of algae or bacteria in the water at Presque Isle way too often.
    Yes, my Google-fu showed that to be an issue. I am not familiar with that area, all my experience was in Sandusky, about right in the middle between Cleveland and Toledo. When the river in Cleveland got famous for catching on fire in 1969, people would flip when you said you were in the lake, like you would have to sweep turds out of the way as you swam. At the park they monitored the beach daily and through the worst of it the water was considered unsafe just a handful of times.

It used to be industrial dumping, now I think most of the danger is fertilizer runoff and antiquated septic systems.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You'd better have Tom J. build ya a gadget for that so you don't cut your dick off while reholstering.
    I hear it's coming.... SOON...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Ti blade owners: whats the edge like? After a few uses does it need to go back to maker for refresh? I've been on the fence about picking up a Ban Tang version for a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Ti blade owners: whats the edge like? After a few uses does it need to go back to maker for refresh? I've been on the fence about picking up a Ban Tang version for a year now.
    Ban's CPs have tungsten carbide edge. Don't worry about it getting dull for a long time.

It's not quite shaving sharp though, but it's "toothy" so it still cuts really well.

Thanks, WB, haha. Apparently I didnt need much to be pushed over the edge! Do you also happen (or anyone) to know if Darkstar needs the Ti CP to make a sheath for or do they fit the standard ones fine?
    Last edited by Isaac; 03-09-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Thanks, WB, haha. Apparently I didnt need much to be pushed over the edge! Do you also happen (or anyone) to know if Darkstar needs the Ti CP to make a sheath for or do they fit the standard ones fine?
    The Ban Tang knives, all off them, will need to be sent to a sheath maker to do it right. The way he makes them relative to the production models doesn't work and my BT Ti CP is different than the others as well. Grind lines and all that are just off enough and the manner in which they're formed doesn't lend itself to any variance.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Our Clipper sheath is Fit for the Steel or TI, Ban Tang CP. ;-)
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List