Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Clinch Pick beach carry

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    I also highly recommend the Spyderco H1 knives for anything water related.
    Attachment 9838
    I got that middle one - is it a Dragonfly 2? -- ahead of a beach trip earlier this summer. Wore it for a week in the surf and in saltwater pools, and not a sign of rust. I was really impressed.

However a couple weeks ago I had it on and tried to get something out of my pocket while sitting, and the damn thing came open enough to drive the tip about 3/8" up and under the skin on my pinky middle knuckle. OUCH. I'm kind of snakebit by it now...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Is that a double edge? Can Ban do that on a China pick regrind?
    Yes, titanium double edge with a DLC coating. It's pretty awesome, super light. I use it with a G-clip to attach to pants without a belt for any sorta cardio type stuff.

While I can't speak for Ban I can say that I would think that there is enough material for some sort of edge to be ground into a production CP, whether or not it would meet Ban's standards is a different story.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I want to buy a Spyderco Ark, grind that stupid big back end of the blade with the hole off, and get a decent clip sheath made for it.
    I'm not doing any grinding, but I just ordered one. Hope it is what I think it is.
    Last edited by Willard; 08-14-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    Drive your car onto the beach at OBX and lock your gat in the car while you are swimming.
    4x4 required.
    That's what I do.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Dark Star Gear clip IWB sheath is the obvious answer. I use mine with a China pick in no-gi shorts for the gym. Been using it for 2 years now without an issue. Running, lifting, being lazy around the house, etc. Fits nicely in the void between your hips and abs. Feels invisible.

I imagine if you had a ti Ban Tang you could clip it to your boxers and run in those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Dark Star Gear clip IWB sheath is the obvious answer. I use mine with a China pick in no-gi shorts for the gym. Been using it for 2 years now without an issue. Running, lifting, being lazy around the house, etc. Fits nicely in the void between your hips and abs. Feels invisible.

I imagine if you had a ti Ban Tang you could clip it to your boxers and run in those too.
    There is no void between my hips and (former) abs, however I have carried my China Pick in the sheath without the soft loop in my pocket...

The dsg clip is awesome. This knife goes everywhere with me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I'd not go in the water in Lake Erie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I know what you're saying. I probably won't get more than my feet wet.
    Do you guys have specific recent water quality info that something has changed? Haven't been up since my grandmother died (she had a beach house on Cedar Point) but have been swimming in it all my fairly long life. I do know there was an algae problem a while back but I thought that was cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Do you guys have specific recent water quality info that something has changed? Haven't been up since my grandmother died (she had a beach house on Cedar Point) but have been swimming in it all my fairly long life. I do know there was an algae problem a while back but I thought that was cleared up.
    That was more specific to Presque Isle and no clue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    The dsg clip is awesome. This knife goes everywhere with me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd better have Tom J. build ya a gadget for that so you don't cut your dick off while reholstering.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List