Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Adam 12, see the man...."

Ah, the Safety Speed. Giving the term "dump pouch" a whole new meaning.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Ah, the Safety Speed. Giving the term "dump pouch" a whole new meaning.
    That was funny....really funny.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In a way you could say it's the Serpa's grand daddy in the family of bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    In a way you could say it's the Serpa's grand daddy in the family of bad ideas.
    Good analogy, and like the Serpa's, there were a metric ton of cops who swore by them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I'm one of those old timers who used and liked the clamshell. There is still a lot of hate for them. I'll bet mostly by folks who never used one. Wouldn't be my first choice for an auto pistol or revolver that is not DAO.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Dave, everything's a good idea until the first time it goes sideways.

Well, It worked for me back in the day. Pretty moot now. Collectable memorabila at this point.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Well, It worked for me back in the day. Pretty moot now. Collectable memorabila at this point.
    Kind of like the Serpa's. Hard core solid gun folks generally do fine with them and many swear by them. However, amongst the non-dedicated or those carrying them because all the cool guys do.......disasters waiting to happen.

That gun looks familiar, but in much better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Also, the best score I have ever shot on our "Super Test" was recently with my 1965 4" Model 14. Right now I am shooting it better than almost anything else and my arthritic hands love it.

Site Supporter
    Bill Jordan had some negative comments about clamshell holsters in his book, No Second Place Winner. If I recall correctly, multiple mischevous and malicious individuals learned where to stick a finger to pup the holster open, and there was some possibility of the holster popping open on its own at the wrong time.

When I look at some of the gear used in the past - even the not too distant past - it strikes me as proof of the idea that the Indian is more important than the arrow.

User Tag List