Thread: Remora Holsters: Potential Issue To Be Aware Of

Remora Holsters: Potential Issue To Be Aware Of

I received a 6G-ART as a gift from a forum member on another firearms related site a few weeks ago and wanted to share an observation.

I've noticed that the Remora holster I have for the Glock 26 has developed a potentially serious issue. (I've been in touch with Remora about this and they are supposed to be making up a new one taking the following into account.)

Specifically, the holster is snagging the slide release upon the firearm's being drawn from the holster. It doesn't happen every single time but it does most times and it has grown progressively worse.

Apparently a small, hollow void has developed along the area where the holster is stitched and hemmed under the border material. As the slide release exits the holster it is being caught by the gap developing under the edging / border.

While it's not enough to keep the firearm from being drawn (yet), it is disconcerting enough that I have stopped using the holster for fear of damaging the slide release spring or having my draw interfered with.

I experimented last night by placing a small piece of smooth electrical tape over that area to see if it would mitigate the problem. It did somewhat but the void that has developed under the area still allows the slide release to be grabbed.

If and when I receive the replacement holster from their "custom fit" manager, I'll provide a report on whether the matter has been addressed in a meaningful way.

Just something to be aware of. It may not apply to many or most of you but I'd certainly feel remiss if I didn't let you know about it in an abundance of caution.

This is the best image I could get to try to illustrate the issue. Check the depression to the side of my finger plus the raised hem area behind it:

Last edited by blues; 08-10-2016 at 10:29 AM.

So this isn't a preformed holster...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Another potential issue for the Remora is it has no way to attach to a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Another potential issue for the Remora is it has no way to attach to a belt.
    They actually make them with an option to have a (removable) metal spring clip for securing on the belt. Honestly, I will say I was impressed by how stable the holster was once I put in any desired position. (There's videos on youtube showing folks doing tumbling with them in place.)

The replacement for the holster is supposed to be delivered today so I'll post my impressions when I've had a chance to evaluate it.

Got the "redo" holster today and it looks like they upgraded the interior material to their plush lining. (More of a felt like feel.)
    Fit is nice and snug and at least initially no grabbing of the slide release.

I'll test it over the coming days and weeks to see how it performs.

Fired off a letter of thanks to Remora for their quick response to the matter.

User Tag List