Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 on the ankle

I have carried a G26 in an ankle holster every day I'm working for the last three plus years, and a most of the time during the fall/winter, carry the same off duty and "lounging" around. I carry mine in a Galco Ankle Glove, and I find that, with the hiking boots I wear most of the time, the top of the boot helps support the muzzle of the holster, so it's pretty easy to forget about.

Previously, I had ankle carried a 642 and a PM9, and while the G26 IS chunkier and heavier, after about a week I got to the point where I forget about it. The fact that I can shoot it A LOT better than the 642/PM9/G42, and it feeds off the same magazines as my primary (G19) makes it a very attractive package for me...

Site Supporter
    I have occasionally carried a Glock 26 on my ankle. It is not something I would want to do with any regularity. I have heard second or third hand reports of people developing leg problems after carrying guns only slightly heavier on their ankle.

I have an Alessi holster for the G26, and it is the best ankle holster I have seen. Ken Null and C. Rusty Sherrick have similar designs.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

In a rush so I didn't read the whole thread. Apologies if this is redundant.

I used a G27 for a backup (per policy had to) for the first 16 years in a Galco leather rig. Never lost it, and I worked in a very active place, lot's of physical encounters and foot chases. It was secure, but friggin heavy. The issues I have with my left hip and lower back may be impacted by this, but there's a lot of shit in this job that can do that if you're active, so don't take that as too intimidating.

Policy shift at a new agency and I'm carrying a 642 in the wonderful new Wilderness rig. I can't even feel it.

Shorty story (too late) the G26 is perfectly doable, and I'd prefer it greatly to not carrying a backup. Nothing wrong at all with the G43, but having mag compatibility could be a good thing.

If you're serious I'd give VERY SERIOUS consideration to the Wilderness (old Renegade being carried on by Wilderness) ankle rig. If I was doing the G43 get the extra pouch to carry a spare mag there. As much as I liked the Galco I love the Wilderness.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Site Supporter
    I carried a 27 in a Gould & Goodrich boot lace holster on duty for years. Very comfortable and secure. I now occasionally carry a 26 on the ankle when the circumstances require. Both were in support of a 22 and 17/19 respectively and utilized the fool sized reloads.

I carried a G27 on my ankle for over a decade as a back up to my issued G22. I used an Alessi holster and it worked well. It is a bit heavy but you get used to it. I still occasionally ankle carry a G26.

I have done it every day for years in a Galco Ankle Glove. I've had no problems. I combine it with a 19 when on duty.

The last several years of my LE career I carried a G26 in an Eagle Upside down ankle holster. Had no issues, but I also carried various guns that way since my first day on the job.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I carried my G26 often on the ankle in a Galco rig. Currently retirement and health issues with diabetes has my ankles off limits for gun carry. I preferred the Renegade with my S&W Models 38 and 638 due to size and weight. now days the 638 in my pocket makes me happy.

I've carried large ankle BUGs for almost my entire career, at least 26 years of it. 640s, 3913s, 6906s, Glock 27s and 26s, never had an issue. I was very active, involved in numerous foot pursuits, fights, etc.

Now I don't have any cartilage in my left knee. When I can get away with wearing an ankle gun it's a 642 or lighter.

Tom Givens has come to the conclusion that an ankle gun needs to be one pound or less. I think Tom is a smart guy.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Tom Givens has come to the conclusion that an ankle gun needs to be one pound or less. I think Tom is a smart guy.
    If Tom says it, that's good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List