Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon retention and printing.

Weapon retention and printing.

A lot of lessons to be learned in this one, thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzw-HKuuQbg

Lessons for me
    -supports why I like appendix, keeps the gun "in my vision", keeps me aware if I am printing or not, and I can physically see if someone is trying to grab it before they're on it (I am sure someone can come up with scenario where I am wrong).
    -Printing is bad Mkay.
    -Not a huge fan of strong side IWB for this exact reason, dude was easily able to spot and come up on the guy without the dude ever knowing what was about to go down. Even though this guys situation awareness could of been a lot better, we all happen to get distracted from time to time.
    -Learn to fight and have back up weapon systems because if this happens your in a fight for you fucking life.
    -Classes like ECQC are a must honestly. This video kind of put a fire under my ass to get on it and put the money/time away to go.

Feel free to tell me why I am wrong, get butt hurt because I think appendix is better, and please leave the lessons you learned from this/tips for us all!
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 08-09-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Weapon retention and printing.

Food for thought, for sure.

Is rule #1 to avoid stop and robs?

Can't argue AIWB is more "in your control".

Been wearing XL button shirts lately, too. I have a large dri fit T on right now, though. PPS M2 is hard to pick out. On my left side, so maybe I have an advantage being a southpaw?

Good thread.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-09-2016 at 03:31 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Oh, the Philly one from last year?

There's "printing" and then there's "snugging the bottom of your smedium tee down over your gat for 'concealment' even though it's so snug we can read the serial number in relief through the fabric."

I think AIWB is an advantage in situations like this, but I'm still searching for a workable AIWB solution for me.

Another advantage would not be to have the gun behind you and standing out like a neon sign.

Retention also important. Until I can get better training with a blade, my current plan is to fish my E2D out of my pocket and flail away like a 'tard until something better comes to mind.
    Last edited by Tamara; 08-09-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Places like that should have a self-service chalk dispenser to save homicide dicks the trouble. If you choose to patronize such places, you should be swiveling your head like The Exorcist to spot the inevitable robbery attempt.

As Tamara said, know the difference between clothing that covers your gun and clothing that conceals it.

I'm not a serious blade guy and I don't really want crackhead juice all over me anyway. If this guy had gone after my IWB pistol he'd have gotten bad judo/JJ technique and five Winchester HPs from the AIWB BUG.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

AIWB definitely has some advantages over behind the hip carry, but as many have found out its not for everyone. I know I went from being able to pull it off with an MP9 and P30, but then lost/gained weight and that sweet spot is no longer there. Definitely NOT impossible to loose a few pounds again and get back to where it works, for me, but others have found issues that they could not overcome.

Let's take a few steps back. I've often found (personal experience) that most issues are better solved with software solutions rather than hardware ones. The guy in the video did not loose his gun and nearly his life because he was carrying behind the hip or eve cause his shirt snagged on his grip. He lost it cause he had his head up his ass and lost all situational awareness. If he fixes that he won't have an issue. If he doesn't, IMO no matter where he sticks the gun he will be a victim.

So how do we fix the fundamentals flaw of situational awareness in that kind of environment? The how can we build another layer of security with better location, holster...

For me I tend to be cognizant of those around me. It's not often that someone comes within contact distance and I don't know they are there. Do my best to avoid it, but realistically it's impossible. I also try to blade my body as much as possible to protect the handgun. Don't keep my head down. When out and about in public I rarely fixate on one thing, instead I scan the area. People think I'm rude or autistic since I don't do the whole focus on your face while you're gabbing at me, but who cares.

Also rarely if ever am I inside a stop and rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Food for thought, for sure.

Is rule #1 to avoid stop and robs?
    Where else am I supposed to buy smokes, the friggin grocery store? LIKE A CHUMP? Please.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

The boy had problems. His carry position was the least of them.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Where else am I supposed to buy smokes, the friggin grocery store? LIKE A CHUMP? Please.
    Duh!

https://www.google.com/search?q=driv...&client=safari

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The boy had problems. His carry position was the least of them.
    Yes, agreed. I do think that his carry position made it easier for him to lose his gun and get made in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Hardly a better option, according to this thread:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-Thru-Tactics
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List