Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is food tampering against LEOs increasing or just better reported ?

Geez, I really take the fringe benefits of my plain clothes job for granted.

The most it ever ends up with is getting hit on by some gay dude during a protection detail. "oooooOOOOoooo you one'a dem agents! Is Obama in town? u so cuuute! Why you boys always taken already though!? "
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Geez, I really take the fringe benefits of my plain clothes job for granted.

The most it ever ends up with is getting hit on by some gay dude during a protection detail. "oooooOOOOoooo you one'a dem agents! Is Obama in town? u so cuuute! Why you boys always taken already though!? "
    Slight thread drift here. I worked at a job where I got hit on, a lot, by gay guys. At first I was clueless on how to react. I wasn't homophobic, but had never had to deal with that before. I learned to try and take it as a compliment, make a joke or two, then deflect it. Had to be really firm sometimes, because some of them could be real agresive! Some had a thing for trying to "turn" straight guys, lol!

Back to the subject, I work in sanitation (garbage man) and people put stuff out for us on some holidays. If it wasn't prepackaged, I tossed it when we got far enough away, so they wouldn't see me throwing away their gift. There is no way I could even begin to trust people to not do something to the food(intentionally or not), especially when you get an idea of how they live from what they throw out. BTW you learn alot about people from their trash. Middle class people are good, the ultra rich and ultra poor were equally disgusting.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Here's a question, because I've thought about dropping off food at the PD station near our campus before: what would be the best/safest/most acceptable kind of donation/creature comfort we could provide for you guys if we were feeling generous of heart & thankful for your work? Gift card to a restaurant that you could take and use while off duty? Bottled soda/water? Individually wrapped food?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Here's a question, because I've thought about dropping off food at the PD station near our campus before: what would be the best/safest/most acceptable kind of donation/creature comfort we could provide for you guys if we were feeling generous of heart & thankful for your work? Gift card to a restaurant that you could take and use while off duty? Bottled soda/water? Individually wrapped food?
    Bottled water and Gatorade are always welcome.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by VW.45 View Post
    Back to the subject, I work in sanitation (garbage man) and people put stuff out for us on some holidays. If it wasn't prepackaged, I tossed it when we got far enough away, so they wouldn't see me throwing away their gift.
    The wife buys good work gloves and leaves them for our sanitation crews.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

With respect to the initial incident that sparked this thread, the police have declined to press charges against the subject they booked for poisoning an officer because the lab was unable to identify any foreign substance in the officer's drink. Similarly, the officer's blood and urine were reportedly drug free. Everyone here did a pretty good job of not dragging the subject's name through the mud.

In the LEOs' experience, how reliable are field tests?

User Tag List