Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is food tampering against LEOs increasing or just better reported ?

Site Supporter

Is food tampering against LEOs increasing or just better reported ?

Food Tampering against uniformed LEO's is nothing new but seems to be an increasingly common occurrence.

http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/polic...eth-thc-drink/

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Had this discussion with my guys at roll call recently, with the idea being to broaden their definition of "officer safety". Years ago when I came on, the old guys warned against eating in at any restaurant where you didn't know the cook. Brown bag it, or order out, was the order of the day. Shortly after, we had two cops whose food was tampered with, one with ground glass, get hurt locally. Too easy for the lowlifes and parolees working some of these places to hurt you.

Better reported, but I think less common. Most restaurants that install cameras start with food prep areas to cut down on employee thefts, that's where the most money is walking out of the place. It's a little harder to pull off and it takes someone like the bainchild from Subway to do it on camera.

If I do eat out it's usually Subway or Chipotle where I can watch the people making the food. No drive thrus, we had an officer get bug spray put in his milk shake a years ago, and he still has issues. I usually bring lunch, it's cheaper, healthier, and doesn't have the Triple-S potential (spit, shit or semen).
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Not LEO but...

1975 One of my mentors who had worked undercover in some of the worst shit holes in NJ gave me this advice. "Do not eat or drink anything that you have been away from, finish it before you go to the restroom etc..., if you leave it for any reason order fresh items." He was worried about drugs/poison etc...

In uniform you are much more of a target.

Site Supporter
    My jurisdiction is down to two places where we can safely eat. Brown bag is the safer and far healthier choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    My jurisdiction is down to two places where we can safely eat. Brown bag is the safer and far healthier choice.
    Yup. I brown bag it so I can stay on my diet & save money. Eating out on shift gets expensive quick.

Just better reported. Although in the ancient times before social media, the punishment for those who tampered with cop food was likely better for "behavior modification" than Facebook shaming.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I never eat out in uniform no matter how hungry I may become.

There are much better, safer options. If I can't get home on my 10-10 and I am starving, I will stop at a Publix or some other grocery deli and get something prepackaged like chicken fingers or a chef's salad. Or a protein shake or bar from a stop and rob.

I'm even suspect of all the food that citizens have brought in to the precinct as of late with all the LE murders. Others I work with gobble it up but I just can't bring myself to take the chance.....and most of it is crap I won't eat anyway due to the carbs and HFCS. Doughnuts, cookies, sodas, pastries, brownies......all the stuff that blows me up and makes the gun belt too snug.

Meeting my wife and son out somewhere dressed in uniform? Not going to happen. If someone ever hurt them by tainting their food because of what I do.....well, let's just say I regard them as my greatest gifts from God and would sacrifice anything and everything to avenge that. Sinful yes....but I am just wired that way. I was hoping that would calm with age but it hasn't. My weakness is my family.

Most of the guys/gals I work with need to eat cleaner anyway so skipping junk food while at work shouldn't be much of a sacrifice. We have had two officers in the past get contaminated meals.......one was sickened and required hospitalization to recover and the other one got pubes in a biscuit which he noticed and then returned to the place that sold it to him and lost his mind.

I'll skip all that and just grab a prepackaged salad. Even walmart has those ready to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Just better reported. Although in the ancient times before social media, the punishment for those who tampered with cop food was likely better for "behavior modification" than Facebook shaming.
    I don't get the Facebook shaming, it doesn't make sense. If someone doesn't like you has the balls to say it to your face and refuse service, just go eat somewhere else and tell your coworkers not to eat there. Some lowlife getting fired from a fast food job, does not include a once in a lifetime opportunity to take a trip through a wood chipper. The lowlife goes and gets a job at the next fast food place down the street, only next time he's not going run his mouth, he's just going to take a more passive aggressive approach to showing his dislike for the police.
    Last edited by txdpd; 08-11-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I prefer to go to places where they make your food in front of you and I always tip.

"Food Tampering" is not an offense in my state. It should be.
    A71593

User Tag List