Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Beautiful, kind girl" Bites off Police Officer's Ear After Bar Brawl

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Article says officer was " in the process of putting her in the cruiser" when the bite occurred

Wbay this means - forcing suspect in, the "watch your head" phase or seatbelting, I could not tell you.
    Yeah, I get that, but taking the lesson away of "I won't seatbelt prisoners" is the wrong thing to do.

Shitty tactics get you hurt, don't use shitty tactics.

Not taking care of your prisoners can get you jammed up as well. One of my troops decided that he wasn't going to seatbelt his prisoners anymore (which I was unaware of because he did it when I was not around...), then one day he got into a wreck, bad guy in cuffs wasn't seatbelted in, got launched across the back seat area into the far side of the cage. Closed skull fracture and massive concussion. The check the city wrote for that one cost us half of the cop cars we could have bought that year.

"This is why we can't have nice things..."
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 08-18-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Reading is fundamental, so is spelling...
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Another thing I do is to call out when they take their seatbelt off so it's in the radio log. I've had numerous subjects, mostly drunks, play the take the seatbelt off game. My SOP is that once in route I'm going to stop once to put it on, verbally warn them, and then drive on if they take it off again. The only other option is to WRAP them and sometimes that is not a good answer for someone who just wants to take their seatbelt off but is otherwise cooperative.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 08-18-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Cross face and a knee ride takes care of biters when seat belting nicely.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Yeah, I get that, but taking the lesson away of "I won't seatbelt prisoners" is the wrong thing to do.

Not taking care of your prisoners can get you jammed up as well. One of my troops decided that he wasn't going to seatbelt his prisoners anymore (which I was unaware of because he did it when I was not around...), then one day he got into a wreck, bad guy in cuffs wasn't seatbelted in, got launched across the back seat area into the far side of the cage. Closed skull fracture and massive concussion. The check the city wrote for that one cost us half of the cop cars we could have bought that year.

I was not agreeing with him. just saying there was too little info to make the assumption he made.

Last edited by Wendell; 08-19-2016 at 07:54 AM.

That is one of the worst possible lessons to take from this.

I was not agreeing with him. just saying there was too little info to make the assumption he made.
    All points duly noted.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

https://www.amazon.com/eSpecial-Need.../dp/B0041EDZBW

Solves the seat belt removal problems. $8 out of pocket versus no money due to being unemployed for getting in a wreck with an unseatbelted prisoner.

Two officers seatbelting, one on each side, takes care of a lot of problems. Two officers seatbelting a female prisoner cuts way down on the potential for an inappropriate touching allegation.
    Last edited by txdpd; 08-22-2016 at 10:52 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/hottopi...hbor-eats-dog/

Texas man barks at neighbor, eats dog

A Waco resident has been charged with cruelty to a nonlivestock animal in an incident in which a man claiming to be on a synthetic form of marijuana called K-2 chased a neighbor while barking and growling and then attacked a family dog, which he beat, strangled and then started to eat, KWTX-TV is reporting.
    The man took a black dog to the front porch of the home, beat and strangled the animal and then “began to bite into the dog, ripping pieces of the flesh away,” Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton told the station.

Officers reportedly found Daniel sitting on the porch with blood on his face, hands and clothing, KWTX says.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/hottopi...hbor-eats-dog/

Texas man barks at neighbor, eats dog
    Summer time in Texas......he was certain it was a "hot" dog

I love the obligatory high school graduation photo in the article instead of the booking photo with her makeup smeared and spitting at the camera.

I had a suicidal guy bite my partner's hand when I pulled him off the roof and into a window. A quick, very hard palm to his temple stopped every bit of resistance.

User Tag List