Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kangaroo Carry Air Marshal 3

Another vote for SmartCarry. It works best for me when worn low enough that the barrel extends down the inside of my left thigh. Concealment (for me) is maximized with dark, pleated trousers without a pattern. Even under these circumstances, the largest gun I can carry in a NPE is a G-26.

It takes a while to draw, so plan your critical engagements well ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Why is your current carry method not working? Of all the NPE carry methods I would think ankle would be the quickest draw and most comfortable. That said, Ive never tried it.
    I guess I have it in my head that I would feel better with 10+1 over 6 rounds, and that I would prefer to have a larger pistol for shoot-ability if a crap sandwich lands in my lap. Running drills with the VP9 and the Glock 43 have shown me two things. One, the Glock 43 shoots damn fine for a tiny gun. Two, the Glock 43 requires a ton more effort and concentration to shoot even close to what I can do with the VP without thinking.

In short, my current method seems to hide well, and is comfortable now that I have become used to it. Drawing from ankle carry works well with the cover and concealment I have available. I just think I need more capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's what I used in similar circumstances. If you can wear pleated pants, that may help depending on your build.

The nice thing about Smart Carry is if anyone does notice a bulge "down there"...they probably aren't going to say anything.
    Nice..... Lol.

Edit to add: I will admit I am speculating that I will be able to shoot a USP9c or P30SK better than the G43. I haven't tried yet. Wouldn't rule out a G26 either, but I prefer H&K.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 08-09-2016 at 11:25 AM.

I highly recommend a smartcarry combined with a kydex holster insert to cover the trigger. It's slow to draw from, but you won't blow a hole in your artery when you sit funny...

My P250 sub compact held a lot of boolits and took 17 round mags too. Very awesome trigger and can be had cheap. Might be another ankle option.
    i used to wannabe

Until the past few weeks after gaining a few pounds due to a new medication and lots of summer sweets I wore a Glock 19 in a smartcarry. I find it works great but i wear it higher than most with the grip under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I highly recommend a smartcarry combined with a kydex holster insert to cover the trigger. It's slow to draw from, but you won't blow a hole in your artery when you sit funny...
    I have carried in a smart carry for years. I would encourage you to take an unloaded pistol and place it in the smartcarry and then try to pull the trigger. I found it quite a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Nice..... Lol.

Edit to add: I will admit I am speculating that I will be able to shoot a USP9c or P30SK better than the G43. I haven't tried yet. Wouldn't rule out a G26 either, but I prefer H&K.
    I'm a huge P2000 fan...more so than the USPc. Also takes the VP9 mags (as do your other choices) for a 15rd reload.

Sent from my iPhone 6S+ using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    A friend who is a building contractor carries a full size pistol in one of these or something very similar. He wears a slightly oversized tucked in polo shirt and you wouldn't know he's carrying unless he told you. I have no pesonal experience other than seeing him while he's carrying. I know he's very happy with it, though.

ETA: I do have direct experience with the smart carry and can recommend it.
    Last edited by Erik; 08-09-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Another Vote for the Smart Carry . Carried a Walther PPS in one for over a year working in NPEs. Buddy of mine carried a HK P30 in one for years working the same job.

User Tag List