Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you carry you handgun while running or working out?

How do you carry you handgun while running or working out?

I have been looking at a Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag to carry a CCW while I run. What are the runners out there using? I know it's almost a fanny pack, but not to close to a shoot me first vest.
    But any feedback, or better options available?

I am not in downtown any where so the idea of they know you have a gun, carry a shoulder holster won't float. I am just looking for feedback or better options.

Thanks
    Cody

What gun are you running with? Might help narrow the search for carry options.
    i used to wannabe

How do you carry you handgun while running or working out?

In a JMCK appendix holster.

The same way I carry a gun every other time I'm carrying a gun (save for the few times a year I wear a suit).

I exercise in really lightweight cargo shorts with belt loops and carry only a gun, TQ and OC.

With that said, I don't run any kind of meaningful distances and am probably more ok with less than ideal solutions to this problem than most people.
    Last edited by JDM; 08-07-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Word math. As per usual.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What gun are you running with? Might help narrow the search for carry options.
    G19 or G17.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    In a JMCK appendix holster.

The same way I carry a gun every other time I'm carrying a gun (save for the few times a year I wear a suit).

I exercise in really lightweight cargo shorts with belt loops and carry only a gun, TQ and OC.

With that said, I don't run any kind of meaningful distances and am probably more ok with less than ideal solutions to this problem than most people.
    My running shorts don't really support anything AIWB or IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I have been looking at a Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag to carry a CCW while I run. What are the runners out there using? I know it's almost a fanny pack, but not to close to a shoot me first vest.
    But any feedback, or better options available?

I am not in downtown any where so the idea of they know you have a gun, carry a shoulder holster won't float. I am just looking for feedback or better options.
    I have the normal Kit Bag, with the stabilizer strap, did not like it at all for running. May have to do with my excessively heavy gun (P30LS with WML/laser and 20 round magazine) and my build (5'8", ~140 lbs.). Too much bouncing, got annoying real fast, and had some chaffing issues; when I tried it, I was running 6 to 10 miles ~10:00 pacing. IIRC, SLG did not like it very much either. On the other hand, my friend uses a Recon Bag for his runs, and quite likes it; he uses it with a plain G19 with a Vanguard. However, he's not much of a runner, and does only one or two miles at a time to keep up his cardio. My guess is that it's a viable option for some, and not for others, just like regular holsters.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 08-07-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks,
    That's good to know, the lighter the better.

Site Supporter
    I use a Tommy's Gun Pack fanny pack which also contains my wallet, keys, and cell phone. Contrary to conventional wisdom, no one seems to know it contains a gun.

I sweat a lot when I work out, so I want the gun not only concealed, but also protected from sweat. The fanny pack solves that problem.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I would totally rock a Fanny Pack

Site Supporter
    642 in a SmartCarry. May try it with the P32, but it's not stainless, and it's a .32. Got it for NPE, not running.

User Tag List