Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYPD arming cops with helmets and body armor against active shooters

Heart is good......Heart with the proper tools is WAY better!

If the average NYPD patrol officer shot like the old breed of LAPD he might have a point, but they don't.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

They don't have to buy 40k long guns. There's only 22k in patrol, and detectives (which units already have some). It's doable, but bosses gonna be mad when they're numbers are down, since guys are in training more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can give them all the tools the tax payers can afford. Without proper training they are tits on a boar. They can't train their patrol guys to shoot pistols straight, now you're going to split the firearms training in half to also cover carbines, cause you know they won't cut diversity. What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    They can give them all the tools the tax payers can afford. Without proper training they are tits on a boar. They can't train their patrol guys to shoot pistols straight, now you're going to split the firearms training in half to also cover carbines, cause you know they won't cut diversity. What could go wrong?
    In fairness much of the issue with shooting their pistols straight has to do with the obscenely stupid NY trigger. Which makes me wonder... Will we soon see AR's with 12lb triggers? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    In fairness much of the issue with shooting their pistols straight has to do with the obscenely stupid NY trigger. Which makes me wonder... Will we soon see AR's with 12lb triggers? Lol!
    While I have some level of sympathy for the NYPD cops out there, their issues are FAAAAAAAR from hardware issues. They merely compounded their lack of training (software issue) that resulted in a perceived increase in ND's with a hardware solution (goofy high trigger pull). Now they not only have ND's cause they don't train their folks properly, but they now have cops who can't hit shit cause of hardware solution they implemented. Pathetic leadership is hard to cover up with doohickeys.

User Tag List