Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RMR in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    As you stated with the pistol going back in the concealed holster after each draw, it allowed for the water pooling around the led emitter to drain between draws. For a prolonged shtf situation in the rain, the rmr would effectively be useless.
    I purposely tested this out in a storm we had a few weeks ago. I had the range to myself so I kept the gun out (in my hand) while walking the range to check targets/repaint steel as well as kept it out in between drills and obviously for the drills themselves. Gun was exposed in a heavy downpour for about 45 minutes, with a primarily muzzle down (unless on target) orientation, and I did not have any issues using the dot.

Edited to add: FWIW, the gun is a CZ P07 with an RM06 installed by L&M Precision.
    Last edited by Hunter Osborne; 11-27-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Honestly it is cheating with an RDS equipped pistol in slow fire--no time pressures, easy to line-up dot on black and press the trigger back...
    Jeff Cooper once said that perhaps the first requirement in selecting a handgun is that it should be unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List