Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Modern Service Weapons had an excellent article, and photos, of this phenomenon in action. I can't find them now, but maybe someone can dig them up.
    Found the photo.

http://s287.photobucket.com/user/ran...80ae4.jpg.html
    Last edited by El Cid; 08-07-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That looks familiar!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Cool.

Name:  rmr_rain.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  59.3 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    What about adding a hood to the RMR like the one on the Burris Fast Fire ?

It started raining hard again here, mid morning. We were out clearing willows and alders in front of the cabin, getting thoroughly drenched.

In the interest of science, I grabbed a MOS 19 with the Delta Point Pro, and went out in the rain. Got it good and wet, and no starbursting effect. Even though the window was covered in drops, the dot was clearly usable through the larger, clear window. I then went and stood under where the water was coming off the roof, getting it really wet. Still no issue. I blew on the display, completely fogging it, and the dot was still usable, if not ideal.

Here is a picture, once I got back in the house.

Y'all are fixing to cost me money. Shut up please.

I have 2 RMRs and this has been my major concerned thought I've not soaked mine before.

Ok. Been thinking about this. Humor me this question.... Are the BUIS usable after the starburst but before you blew on the lens and it fogged up?

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Ok. Been thinking about this. Humor me this question.... Are the BUIS usable after the starburst but before you blew on the lens and it fogged up?
    No.

What I didn't test was turning off the dot (with the 06) and trying the BUIS.

Hmmm....this can certainly be an issue for an exposed duty pistol, but less of a problem for CCW with the pistol under a garment. Threat presents, pistol comes out, threat ceases, pistol goes back under cover. So far, in multiple wet training evolutions, as well as several classes in the rain with RMR equipped pistols, including a PMac class and one from another well known trainer--there were no significant issues with the lens getting obscured by rain.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Hmmm....this can certainly be an issue for an exposed duty pistol, but less of a problem for CCW with the pistol under a garment. Threat presents, pistol comes out, threat ceases, pistol goes back under cover. So far, in multiple wet training evolutions, as well as several classes in the rain with RMR equipped pistols, including a PMac class and one from another well known trainer--there were no significant issues with the lens getting obscured by rain.
    I think Trijicon should place a legend on the side of the RMR:

Caution, only approved for use in very light rain. Use in moderate or greater rain not recommended without optional rain shield.

User Tag List