Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You learned about the jelly cover in the last rain/red dot thread, when you gonna try it.
    Reading the reviews on Amazon, it seems more like a protective cover for use in a range bag, as opposed to something you shooting through in the rain.

https://www.amazon.com/Strike-Indust...ustomerReviews

Sent from my iPad
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Reading the reviews on Amazon, it seems more like a protective cover for use in a range bag, as opposed to something you shooting through in the rain.

https://www.amazon.com/Strike-Indust...ustomerReviews

Sent from my iPad
    I use one of these for a protective cover (in a range bad). As for shooting with it on... It would be the optical equivalent of taking a pair of cheap gas station bought sun glasses, throwing them in the dirt and raking them across some gravel, then putting them on and trying to see a crisp dot - not going to happen. The cover distorts the dot considerably. Would it be better than rain? Maybe, but still not usable IMHO. YMMV.

I asked about rain on the lens way way back in the rmr-pistol circle-jerk thread and nobody wanted to address it.

I saw this issue come up for two RMR users in a class down at CSAT. Both times I've been to Nacogdoches, random rain storms have popped up. In the summer class I attended, the guys with RMRs had issues as soon as rain hit the emitters, even though the pistols were worn concealed.

Hmmmm.....seems like there may be a use for Homboy sights after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Hmmmm.....seems like there may be a use for Homboy sights after all.

Re-brand them for the tactical people and you'd have "Offset pistol BUIS"...

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Modern Service Weapons had an excellent article, and photos, of this phenomenon in action. I can't find them now, but maybe someone can dig them up.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Problem solved...

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Problem solved...

Only if you have Glocks.

I'm curious as to how well my laser would work during the rain as a back-up sighting system.

At some point those with normal vision will go back to "slick" Glocks and that will be a thing.

Doesn't seem like the juice is worth the squeeze for all things until the optic is sealed and frame mounted. Trijicon has a small form optic that could be close, I'd imagine something could be done with it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List