Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rio 2016

My daughter is a dedicated Volleyball player, so we will watch as much as we can. One of the coaches at our club is playing for the Venezuelan Women's Beach Team, so.....unless they play the Americans we will be pulling for coach YaYa. I have always loved the Olympics. I am the dork watching Curling at 4:00 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Now that the roided up Soviet super athletes have been eliminated, the games don't really feel worth it. Also, the world is flying apart at the seams, and you can't watch without having to listen to Bob Costas.

Anyone actually interested in this round of Olympics?
    Hell, no. And screw Bob Costas...
    Last edited by ralph; 08-05-2016 at 06:18 PM.

No. I hate the Olympic Games and everything they stand for.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Site Supporter
    Bob Costas is a tool.

I really enjoyed watching 2002 Winter Olympics live feeds in security huts when my Guard unit was mobilized to plus up security for it in SLC. Kind of cool to watch cross country skiing, or biathlon, and hear the skis in the snow as the racers passed a camera, and hear nothing but breathing and wind outside of the ski sound. And then we could switch feed channels to the target range, and watch the little dots get punched.

I watched the gold medal curling match. Very cool, though I'd rather watch gymnastics or ski jumping or equestrians or ... Well, most of the other sports. But I don't hate curling.

We will be watching swimming (kids are interested now since they are taking lessons), gymnastics (because wife used to be one), women's beach volleyball (for reasons) and I'm still kind of sour that the wife rejected my idea of applying for the job of hind quarter sand removal.
    Taking a break from social media.

When does uspsa start?
    i used to wannabe

Walking bug things at the opening ceremonies?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Walking bug things at the opening ceremonies?
    This is kind of creepy. I was expecting samba dancers.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Once upon a time, I was an Olympic hopeful in fencing. In spite of that, I have little use for the Olympics or sports in general. They're the modern parallel of Rome's bread and circuses. The Olympic Games themselves are so full of politics and corruption that any allusion to the citizen athlete is laughable.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    They made her walk all the way across the field in those heels?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List