Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rio 2016

I read an article where an Olympic spokesperson was saying, "Hey, they are just kids who did something dumb. Let's move on."

But I thought that sounded wrong so I checked and Ryan Lochte is 32 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    I read an article where an Olympic spokesperson was saying, "Hey, they are just kids who did something dumb. Let's move on."

I have always disliked Lochte. He has seemed to always have a bit "wrong" about him. I think he also has a bit of an issue being in the shadow of Phelps all these years. Just happens to be a very good swimmer in the same time in history as a freak of nature level swimmer. I get how that could suck, but he always seemed to just be an ass.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Volleyball has been tough the last couple days. Americans are getting beaten by the Brazilians and Euro's. Sucks, but Volleyball is treated like a serious professional sport outside the US, so it makes sense, but still sucks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

He has the mind of a child. If you can sit through this entire interview, I'll give you a cookie.

"Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    He has the mind of a child...
    Pretty sure I just heard on "The Five" on Fox that Obama is sending a plane with $400M for the two swimmers.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-18-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Just another body making excuses for someone's deplorable behavior simply because they're an athlete. The world turns on...........
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

He has the mind of a child. If you can sit through this entire interview, I'll give you a cookie.

I was going to take you up on that because I have a thing for chocolate chip, but you were right. If forced to watch the entire video, I would have asked for the cookie early so I could choke on it and pass out.
    Last edited by mc1911; 08-19-2016 at 08:31 AM.

I was going to take you up on that because I have a thing for chocolate chip, but you were right. If forced to watch the entire video, I would have asked for the cookie early so I could choke on it and pass out.
    I only made it to 1:01.

What a self-absorbed *******.

Site Supporter
    If such behavior exists, it is rewarded starting early on in school, the colleges and sports industry. We created such and encouraged it. Dominant males can do no wrong until it becomes outrageous. Had a dad in the sports business and saw it in the colleges.

BTW - not that I could be a great athlete (haha), Dad said "Study - I wasted my time in athletics and never trust a coach!"

I had a student, failed an intro psych test with a 38 (that's hard to do). I asked why - well, he was swimming 4 hours a day. I said: So what are you going to do for a living? Try out of Aquaman in the Justice League movie? He dropped. The schools use such kids as PR tools. Some of them are socialized in high school to think they are important for their 'sport'.

It is particularly galling to see how we exploit minority kids for college PR and fund raising.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 08-19-2016 at 11:08 AM.

No cookie for me, didn't even make it halfway through

User Tag List