Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not So Blinding Revelation RE Left-Shooting Glock Gen4 G22

Well, I snagged a P320 to check out (been considering doing that anyway) and went to the range yesterday. I shoot left. Significantly left with my Glocks, and a little left with the P320. It's noticeable from 12 or so yards out pretty much. I don't remember this being as much of an issue in the past, but it definitely is at the moment. Below is some video I did of some dry fire with the G17. I will get similar with the P320 and post that as well. I intend to start dry firing more for sure, and will incorporate advice in posts above as well. I am open to any and all suggestions, as at this point I am rather frustrated...

Last edited by martin_j001; 09-24-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

It's really hard to diagnose some issues without actually being there. For me personally, and some others I've worked with, I shoot Glocks better with more grip pressure directly on the front strap and rear, less on the sides. I like my support hand firm but not a crush. Again, this is a personal thing related to my hand and finger size and may be totally non applicable to you. While overgripping may help recoil control, it can also be a negative factor for accuracy, again, depending on hand size, strength and how a particular gun fits you hands.

Let me add one thing about Gen 3 and 2 Glocks. They are slippery, especially after being carried under hard use conditions for a few years. All of my 2nd and 3 Gen Glocks have grip tape on the front and rear to help my front to rear grip and keep the gun from moving in my hand. If the gun is moving in your hand, it makes it that much harder to press the trigger straight to the rear.

Believe it or not, the addition of grip take on the front and rear made a significant difference for me in preventing the odd shot wondering left to moving out of the group.

My carry 2nd Gen 19 and 17 have grip tape on the right side of the backstrap and front strap. I pretty rountinly carry under a T-shirt in the summer, IWB in a Summer Special 2, and grip tape eats my skin if applied to the left side of the grip.
    Last edited by LSP552; 09-24-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Both my 17 and 34 wear the rubber-y version of Talon Grips already. They definitely help to improve the grip when it's hot or I have sun block on my hands, etc.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    Both my 17 and 34 wear the rubber-y version of Talon Grips already. They definitely help to improve the grip when it's hot or I have sun block on my hands, etc.
    I like how the Talon grips felt, but didn't shoot my best with them. They added just enough bulk to the grip to screw me up. One of the things lost in the transition from revolvers to plastic was the understanding that a proper grip fit contributed to better performance. It's nice to see some of the newer plastic people poppers offering some real options in grip fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Let me add one thing about Gen 3 and 2 Glocks. They are slippery, especially after being carried under hard use conditions for a few years. All of my 2nd and 3 Gen Glocks have grip tape on the front and rear to help my front to rear grip and keep the gun from moving in my hand. If the gun is moving in your hand, it makes it that much harder to press the trigger straight to the rear.

Believe it or not, the addition of grip take on the front and rear made a significant difference for me in preventing the odd shot wondering left to moving out of the group.

My carry 2nd Gen 19 and 17 have grip tape on the right side of the backstrap and front strap. I pretty rountinly carry under a T-shirt in the summer, IWB in a Summer Special 2, and grip tape eats my skin if applied to the left side of the grip.
    I do almost the same thing for the same reasons - I put grip tape on the center of the backstrap, but not on the sides of the grip, it eats my skin too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I'm running my Gen 3 G17 with a segment of mountain bike innertube on the receiver. I was running my G21 with the same, but under the premise of "thinner being better" (especially in my Gen 3 non-SF frame) I ended up taking it off that gun. My shooting with the G21 is adequate, but very much a work in progress.

Best, Jon

User Tag List