Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shot My First USPSA match

Awesome!

Also recently (ok, well, several months ago) shot my first 'real' USPSA match. Great fun.

Hope to get back to my regular local range, as soon as it's not eleventy billion degrees outside here in Florida.

Glad you got out and shot a match! The 19 can do just fine in Production. If you can't fight the urge for a 9mm 1911, that is a great choice for Single Stack. In general Minor10 vs. Major8 in Single stack comes out to be a wash, with perhaps a slight advantage going towards Minor, especially where there is lots of steel. The two areas where minor is not a good choice in SS are: Classifiers, and Nationals. Both are clearly biased towards 8 round Major.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Awesome!

Also recently (ok, well, several months ago) shot my first 'real' USPSA match. Great fun.

Hope to get back to my regular local range, as soon as it's not eleventy billion degrees outside here in Florida.
    Where are you in Florida? I'm in St. Petersburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Where are you in Florida? I'm in St. Petersburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Largo, basically.

I've been at Wyoming Antelope Club for both the one USPSA match and also one Steel Challenge match.

I'm thinking of getting back at the end of August to the regular Tuesday night matches.

Give me a buzz if you ever get over to WAC, be great to say hi.

Rich

I am also getting in to competitive shooting. Been shooting for over 30 years, and I'm a full time instructor for a very large Sheriff's Dept. I have been very interested in trying competition, but it never came together until here lately. So far I've shot 3 3gun matches, and last weekend I shot a USPSA match. All I can say is "WOW!" Fun and addictive. I do see the difference in competition and real life, but there are many parallels as well. There is stress, shooting on the move, as well as getting off the X so to speak. There are reloads on the move, and the HUGE thing I see is that it forces you to keep your head about you and scan and assess constantly. Something we always teach students is to break that tunnel vision. Competition does that very well.

When people say "competition will get you killed on the street" etc., I disagree. A trained shooter will see the difference. That's like saying a NASCAR driver can never drive on the street, or John Force can't drive a regular car. It's just a matter of matching tactics to application.
    Last edited by VegasHK; 08-04-2016 at 04:03 PM.

User Tag List