Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot My First USPSA match

Shot My First USPSA match

I've been wanting to get back into competitive shooting for a while now and finally did. I used to shoot 2 gun a little a few years back but fell out of it because of life. The local range hosts a nice USPSA match every tues and fri night so I think I'm going to start going a few times a month.

It was definitely a ton of fun. I shot production limited minor with my G19. I'm competitive but the main reason I'm there is to get me shooting my carry gun in a stressful environment, shooting, moving, reloading etc... I absolutely realize there are huge gaps in the gaming to real world transition but i definitely feel like I had some quality time behind the gun last night, and also had a great time. I also like some of the rules a little better than IDPA or 2 gun, the biggest being the ability to plan the stage as you see fit.

Now the competitive part of me really wants, in a really bad way, a 9mm 1911. A Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun may not be too far away in my near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations man! Glad you had fun and shot good!
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I've been wanting to get back into competitive shooting for a while now and finally did. I used to shoot 2 gun a little a few years back but fell out of it because of life. The local range hosts a nice USPSA match every tues and fri night so I think I'm going to start going a few times a month.

It was definitely a ton of fun. I shot production limited minor with my G19. I'm competitive but the main reason I'm there is to get me shooting my carry gun in a stressful environment, shooting, moving, reloading etc... I absolutely realize there are huge gaps in the gaming to real world transition but i definitely feel like I had some quality time behind the gun last night, and also had a great time. I also like some of the rules a little better than IDPA or 2 gun, the biggest being the ability to plan the stage as you see fit.

Now the competitive part of me really wants, in a really bad way, a 9mm 1911. A Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun may not be too far away in my near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Glad you had fun!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Good on ya for competing. I think competition has real benefits for those who are interested in pushing themselves in a stressful environment. Social stress is real and I've actually seen guys shaking before the start of a stage. You can't induce that kind of stress just shooting drills. It's also a ton of fun and great for those who have a competitive streak.

Cheers!

USPSA Tue & Fri EVERY week. I'm jealous.

Glad you enjoyed and I agree you'll need a 9mm 1911. Why? Because I need one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    A single stack 9mm 1911 (if that's where you're going) is probably the least competitive way to spend money in USPSA you can possibly choose. The capacity and caliber hurt you in Limited and the SA trigger keep you out of Production.

9mm 1911s are fun with practically zero recoil but the Glock 19 will get you pretty dang far in USPSA if you dedicate the time.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    A single stack 9mm 1911 (if that's where you're going) is probably the least competitive way to spend money in USPSA you can possibly choose. The capacity and caliber hurt you in Limited and the SA trigger keep you out of Production.
    Uh? SS Division?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

You're shooting Minor PF in there, which is not ideal without a favorable stage design that offsets the penalties.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    The capacity and caliber hurt you in Limited and the SA trigger keep you out of Production.
    It's a matter of perspective and goals; they could be considered advantageous by an accuracy-focused shooter in Single Stack class, as they trade away power factor for capacity. (You can run 10-round mags in Single Stack minor.)

User Tag List