Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All this 1911 talk...blowing a decade's worth of dust off my old carry gun

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

...unfffff

Seriously, those are all.... perfect.

Are you looking for an adopted grandchild by any chance?
    Last edited by Nephrology; 08-03-2016 at 06:22 PM.

I think I spy some King Tappen sights on the stag gripped Commander...
    Sweet collection!

Oh my.
    What he said.

The thing about a thread like Nyeti's, or this one, is that they have a way of acting like a "key fruit."

Y'all know the "key fruit" concept? It's when there is one of those large, squared-up pyramid stacks of apples or oranges at the grocery store, and you grab one from the side thinking it's safe, and the whole pyramid comes tumbling down all over hell as soon as you pick out the single apple/orange.

1911 threads are like that: every pistol shooter has this 'want pyramid' dedicated to 1911's inside them, and someone like Nyeti or BBI comes along with a single, seemingly innocuous post, and the reader's whole internal pyramid absolutely collapses. Everyone thinks it's the thread, but it's not; it's a pre-existing condition–and one not covered by Obama care.

I'm already looking at having a new Gov't build done (Harrison)–because I'm just a guy beholden to nothing but desire–and I picked up this the other day, because: 9mm 1911, unusual, pony, totally frivolous, may learn something from the oddball sight arrangement. It's not even a “serious” 1911, compared to at least one serious post above, but that doesn't matter when someone pulls your keyfruit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have to stop opening these threads. I don't own nor have I ever owned a 1911. However these threads have me itching to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have to stop opening these threads. I don't own nor have I ever owned a 1911. However these threads have me itching to change that.
    Probably badly misquoting him, but Ken Hackathorn says something along the lines of "Every true American Patriot should own a 1911."

Of course Ken also says the 1911 is "the king of feedway stoppages", but that is sort of a splash of cold water in the face that snaps one back to reality . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

I'm already looking at having a new Gov't build done (Harrison).
    Good call -- that's a get-it-while-you-can deal.

Let us know how you like the agent.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The thing about a thread like Nyeti's, or this one, is that they have a way of acting like a "key fruit."

Y'all know the "key fruit" concept? It's when there is one of those large, squared-up pyramid stacks of apples or oranges at the grocery store, and you grab one from the side thinking it's safe, and the whole pyramid comes tumbling down all over hell as soon as you pick out the single apple/orange.

1911 threads are like that: every pistol shooter has this 'want pyramid' dedicated to 1911's inside them, and someone like Nyeti or BBI comes along with a single, seemingly innocuous post, and the reader's whole internal pyramid absolutely collapses. Everyone thinks it's the thread, but it's not; it's a pre-existing condition–and one not covered by Obama care.

I'm already looking at having a new Gov't build done (Harrison)–because I'm just a guy beholden to nothing but desire–and I picked up this the other day, because: 9mm 1911, unusual, pony, totally frivolous, may learn something from the oddball sight arrangement. It's not even a “serious” 1911, compared to at least one serious post above, but that doesn't matter when someone pulls your keyfruit.
    Not to be a kill joy but Harrison stopped taking work ( at least full builds) when his wait hit 5 years.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've kicked around a .38 Super for the longest, and for no damn reason at all other than to have one. I don't need another caliber, I don't need a 1911 (as obviously I'm not using the one I've got), etc. etc. So far I can't justify the cost of entry for a frivolity...but who knows, maybe one day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've kicked around a .38 Super for the longest, and for no damn reason at all other than to have one. I don't need another caliber, I don't need a 1911 (as obviously I'm not using the one I've got), etc. etc. So far I can't justify the cost of entry for a frivolity...but who knows, maybe one day.
    A .38 Super with a second 9mm barrel (or the reverse) would not be frivolous for someone whose Dept was transitioning to 9mm........

User Tag List