Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: All this 1911 talk...blowing a decade's worth of dust off my old carry gun

Name:  Yuma Colt.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  74.1 KB

I don't post here often. Mostly I just read knowledge of those much more experienced than me. However, considering the title of this thread I thought some of you might get a kick out of this pistol. It's a Colt 1991A1 ORM police trade-in. I'd never seen a police trade-in 1911 before. If you can see the logo engraved on the slide, it's the logo from the Yuma County Sheriff's Dept. in Arizona. According to Colt, it was manufactured in 1996.

Other than new springs, a Wilson Combat beavertail, Colt Commander hammer, and replacement black rubber Colt grips, everything else is stock. And it is a mighty fine shooter. Very accurate, easy to shoot, and boringly reliable with 230 grain ball and cast bullets.

It may not live the exciting life it once did, but I sure do appreciate this fine pistol, and the history it represents.
    Ordinary guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    Name:  Yuma Colt.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  74.1 KB

I don't post here often. Mostly I just read knowledge of those much more experienced than me. However, considering the title of this thread I thought some of you might get a kick out of this pistol. It's a Colt 1991A1 ORM police trade-in. I'd never seen a police trade-in 1911 before. If you can see the logo engraved on the slide, it's the logo from the Yuma County Sheriff's Dept. in Arizona. According to Colt, it was manufactured in 1996.

Other than new springs, a Wilson Combat beavertail, Colt Commander hammer, and replacement black rubber Colt grips, everything else is stock. And it is a mighty fine shooter. Very accurate, easy to shoot, and boringly reliable with 230 grain ball and cast bullets.

It may not live the exciting life it once did, but I sure do appreciate this fine pistol, and the history it represents.
    That is the real deal. We can talk about what should/could be done to a working pistol but reality is a little different than the Internet. A very nice gun indeed with the history etc.

User Tag List